Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
Who's holdin' the A.G.recipe for Magic Hats' #9 ??
All I can find are the partial/extract recipes....
I would like to do an A.G. for this one also I would like to keep this batch cost lower than what I've read thus far---$40.00 minimum-which doesn't seem right either.
I'm goin to the LHBS this afternoon( Sat.30th.) and would like to get the ingred.
Thanks in advance . Shane

From the BYO 150 Clones issue:

9 lbs 10 oz British Pale
1 lb 13 oz Two Row
3 oz Crystal 60

Single infusion mash w/12.5 qt water
Hold at 152 degrees F for 45 minutes

90 minute boil:

.19 oz Warrior (60 mins, 16% AA)
.63 oz Tettnang (30 mins, 4% AA)
.25 oz Cascade (0 mins)
1 tsp Irish moss

Wyeast 1335 British Ale
or
White Labs WLP002 English Ale

Ferment at 75 degrees F. Rack to secondary and add 3.3 lbs Oregon Fruit Products Apricot Puree (or 3 oz apricot extract flavoring).

YURI YOU ARE THE MAN !
Thanks for the quick reply.
BTW,How's your summer brewing doing ? Are You still over seas ?
Again Thanks . Shane

No prob.

A 12.5 qt mash with that grain bill is a pretty stiff mash, but that's what the recipe calls for in BYO. You'll add more water during the sparge in order to collect enough wort. I would sparge with 170 degree water.

Summer brewing is going well, thanks! I've returned from overseas and brewed 45 gallons since April. My current batch of lager seems to be stuck at the moment - not much activity after a week! It's getting tough to RDWHAHB with this one. I think I'm gonna have to start persuading the yeast with agitation/aeration (no worries with oxidation - the gravity has only changed by about 6 points).

Back