Richbrewer's amarillo pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, Rich sent me a couple of these to try but didn't post the recipe. I think he said it was a SMaSH beer- so I'm guessing amarillo hops and maris otter malt.

This is GREAT! I love the hoppiness with the beautiful creamy head and the well balanced flavor. The malt backbone is present, and the hops are also right there at the forefront.

Rich- this is a wonderful beer. Please, please share the recipe.

Well, Rich sent me a couple of these to try but didn't post the recipe. I think he said it was a SMaSH beer- so I'm guessing amarillo hops and maris otter malt.

This is GREAT! I love the hoppiness with the beautiful creamy head and the well balanced flavor. The malt backbone is present, and the hops are also right there at the forefront.

Rich- this is a wonderful beer. Please, please share the recipe.

I was wondering. I think I suggested he toast some of the grains for some complexity, but don't know if he did or not.

[EDIT] - Found his thread

Oh, great! Thanks, Biermuncher!

My husband and I split one bottle, and he's already asking for more and asking me to make it.

I didn't taste any "toastyness" but maybe that's what is giving that malty backbone and a little complexity. It really is a tasty beer- it could be a very dangerous session beer in our keg.

Rich, awesome job! It's clear and obviously well made, with a great flavor. Bob is a malt lover, I'm a hophead, and you made us both happy. Quite possibly the perfect session beer!

Yooper, you should come help me polish off my keg of Amarillo SMaSH! It's grrrrreat!

If I draw your name in the Olympic Brew swap, I'll include some extra bottles of this fo' sho'!

Lorena,
Thank you so much for the kind words. I respect your opinion and knowledge and it means a lot to me.
I'll post it in the recipe forum but it has 2 pounds of the maris otter roasted at 275 degrees for 30 minutes. (The house smelled great!) I used Dude's procedure for toasting the grain.

Back