First extract brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnwolfe04

Reaction score
So last night I brewed my first extract brew. It was a Simcoe Pale Ale that I picked up from my lhbs. It was a fun experience and I can't wait to do it again!

shawnwolfe04 said:
So last night I brewed my first extract brew. It was a Simcoe Pale Ale that I picked up from my lhbs. It was a fun experience and I can't wait to do it again!

It's all over for you now! Absolutely addicting :) I think my wife regrets getting me that beginner's kit last Christmas haha best present ever.

It's all over for you now! Absolutely addicting :) I think my wife regrets getting me that beginner's kit last Christmas haha best present ever.

My fiancé bought me the book Brewing Classic Styles from that point on all I thought about was beer and how to make better beer.

I'm already addicted and I haven't even tasted it yet! I hope it turns out okay. When I went to put the airlock in the hole on the lid it was kind of loose. This was at 2am so I couldn't call any one. This afternoon I called my lhbs and he told me to wrap the airlock bottom in electric tape and sanitize it. So after I did that and put the airlock back in I saw the bubbles to start coming out of the airlock.

Back