How many Gallons of Mead in 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 gal orange blossom traditional
1 gal blueberry orange
3 gal blackberry orange
3 gal razzberry melomel
2 gal clover taditional
10 gal wildflower
(going to be pitched in 2 weeks)
338+20=358
All hail MATRIX4B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1g traditional
337+1=338
Matrix makes me feel like a slacker

I like to brew. I suppose that it helps that I have an apprentice that brews with me. I am friends with my apprentice's parents and they suggested it.

She's turning 16 this year in about a week. And yes, we plan on having at least 3- 5 gal batches under her belt before college ensuring a great college party experience. She carefully tells her friends that she is "Working" when she is helping me. This is so that they don't ask her to make stuff for her.

Already, wise girl.

But with 8 carboys ranging from 5-6 gal, I am trying to keep them going. Currently out of bottles and I need to bottle the Mead from the Darkside (blackberry black tea).

I don't even drink much. I have friends that enjoy my brew and mostly drink socially at parties and the like.

But it's becoming a passion. I have close to 33 batches under my belt with them ranging from 5-6 gal each. Stepping it up a bit this year.

Matrix

Just so you know, its illegal for someone under 21 to be brewing whether they drink it or not; Just a heads up not to brew in the yard with her as a cop drives by or something.

Also (some) college dorms crack down pretty well on alcohol and plenty of RA's know what carboys/ milk jugs with balloons and airlocks are for. I work with someone who was an RA / home-brewer and he always confiscated stuff.

Just so you know, its illegal for someone under 21 to be brewing whether they drink it or not; Just a heads up not to brew in the yard with her as a cop drives by or something.

Also (some) college dorms crack down pretty well on alcohol and plenty of RA's know what carboys/ milk jugs with balloons and airlocks are for. I work with someone who was an RA / home-brewer and he always confiscated stuff.

No, No, No. A parent is there the whole time. And the Mead is MINE. (insert Dafy Duck speach of greediness). I also don't brew in my yard but in my kitchen. According to her parents, she wont be brewing in a dorm but out of her Father's house, who is a fan of my mead and will be taking a storage fee of a few bottles from each batch. Heh. So she may bring bottles that are her home brew, but not until she is of age. All according to her dad, who is a strong guy with some body tatooing and such.

Seriously, she may sneek a 6 pack or two out when she's like 19 or so but I don't think that this is that big of a deal. She didn't purchase it. And the bottles are unlabled. May be a flavor label on top. But that's conjecture and to be discoraged.

But her first batch, I think that her dad is going to enjoy some of it and then store away the rest of it for several years..

Matrix. (Yes, I have thought about the legal ramifications of my apprentice)

Let me go on to say that IF i was smart enough to realize how easy it was to make my own alcohol (or had formal training in the matter) when I was 19, I would have had SOME SERIOUS OPERATION going on. I'm not saying that your daughter is irresponsible since I've never met her; but with me, no amount of promising not to produce several gallons of boos - bread yeast JAOM or Cider - would stop me from doing it behind closed doors in the back of a cabinet. Anyways its all :off: and I was just letting you know in case you didn't. Happy Meading!

+1 Gal of strawberry red currant

338 +1 = 339

+ 1 jaom

Add to the 370:
2 gal orange blossom honey traditional
6 - 1 gal yeasts test traditionals
4 gal cherry (and maybe hibiscus)

total 382

MarshmellowBlue: was your 1 above that you marked to the 338 counted earlier or was it supposed to be added to the 370 total a couple of posts later?

6 gallons mixed berry mead (cherry,raspberry,black currant)
3 gallons blackberry
1 gallon blackberry/buckwheat
6 gallons (93%)Orange blossom/(7%)buckwheat, in oak
6 gallons mixed berry mead (cherry, raspberry, black currant)
6 gallons marrionberry/Boysenberry
1 JAOM
1 JAOM
1 JAOM
4 gallons spiced mead
393 + 35 = 428

3 gal Chocolate metheglin
3 gal Blueberry melomel
3 gal plain mead
3 gal Bochet/Saffron metheglin
6 gal Bochet (14th cent. from Le Menagier de Paris)
1 gal Cyser

I'm planning several more, but I'll add them as I start them. :)

487+19 = 506

My first time Meadmaking, had to sample to make sure it was palatable first before I added my number.

One gallon of JAOM.

1 + 517 =

5- mixed berry ( sweet cherry, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, blackberry) still thinking of a name.

Let's see 5 gal of Black Cherry Melomel, 1 gal Pumpkin Cyser, 1 gal JAOM, 1 gal Blackberry Traditional, 1 gal. Burnt Caramel Apple, 1 gal Grandma's Liquid Apple Pie and 1 gal Mulled Nectarine for a total of 11 gal. Added on it brings the total to 552.

Ok 2 Gallons of Raspberry Melomel, 2 gallons of JAOM and 2 gallons of a Spiced Cranberry Melomel. That brings the total 558

So far I've had 1 gallon joes quick grape, 5 gallons pomegranate mead, 5 gallons skeeter mead, 5 gallons of pecan pie mead, and 10 gallons of caramel apple mead.

1+5+5+5+10= 26

558+26= 584

Back