What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Fish Exit 16 Wild Rice Double IPA is in my glass.

I'm not usually a fanboy of this brewery, but they do this beer very well... Tons of clean grapefruit juice and grapefruit pith.

A lot of pine as well with definite papaya. Tangerine and mango are lesser of the flavors, but there.

Untitled.jpg

Oh man the Whole Foods has the Narwal and FW 16th anni barrel aged blend in stock.. May have to take a trip

bobbrews said:
Flying Fish Exit 16 Wild Rice Double IPA is in my glass.

I'm not usually a fanboy of this brewery, but they do this beer very well... Tons of clean grapefruit juice and grapefruit pith.

Really interesting sounding beer

Don't know what to say about this. The aroma and flavor from a casual sip doesn't reveal very much character. I get some farmhouse-ish character from a big sip. As I write this, it's warmed slightly and the farmhouse character is getting more pronounced. We'll see how it progresses through the drinking.

20121116_185319.jpg

Had a spice beer I brewed earlier, not sure if I am impressed but it is still a bit green so once the flavors burn in a bit more K will know better.

Don't know what to say about this. The aroma and flavor from a casual sip doesn't reveal very much character. I get some farmhouse-ish character from a big sip. As I write this, it's warmed slightly and the farmhouse character is getting more pronounced. We'll see how it progresses through the drinking.

What is that? I tried Estrella Damm and Voll-Damm several years ago in Madrid and remember them both being pretty nasty. Are they getting into more experimental stuff?

Stopped into hoppers, a local micro and enjoying a fresh glass off the just tapped firkin there in the background.. its a northwest red dry hopped with cascade and centennial.. phuckin delicious!!

ForumRunner_20121116_172625.jpg

What is that? I tried Estrella Damm and Voll-Damm several years ago in Madrid and remember them both being pretty nasty. Are they getting into more experimental stuff?

I'll just quote the little tag that's attached:

"Inedit means, 'never been done before.' In cooperation with the brew masters of Estrella Damm, Inedit was crafted by the globally acclaimed chef Ferran Adriá, Juli Soler and sommeliers Ferran Centelles and David Seijas from elBulli Restaurant.

"Inedit was created to pair with the most exquisite and challenging foods. Foods that contain: citrus and oils: ie. salads, vinegar based sauces. Bitter notes: ie. asparagus, artichokes, rucula. Oily textures: ie. salmon, tuna, fatty cheese.

"A skillfully brewed blend of lager and wheat beer styles. Inedit uses a combination of barley malt, wheat, hops, coriander, orange peel, yeast and water.

"Uniquely brewed to create a complex aroma and opaque appearance, a floral nose leaves a sensation of fresh yeast and sweet spices. Lightly carbonated with a creamy texture, the soft, full body leaves a long and lasting finish.

"It is recommended that Inedit is enjoyed chilled in a white wine glass and kept in an ice bucket after serving."

Haven't had this (or any other SN brew for that matter) in a very long while; a couple years at least. I should pick up some Celebration next time I see it. I also have a 2007 and 2010 Bigfoot, but I'm saving the 2007 to share with a friend when I go home for Christmas and I'd rather wait a while longer on the 2010.

20121116_201022.jpg

Decided to go back to an old friend tonight. I love this beer. It's definitely in my top 5.
image-3350364697.jpg

Also drinking a Hop Rod Rye. Not bad, definitely intense but I like it.

Stopped into hoppers, a local micro and enjoying a fresh glass off the just tapped firkin there in the background.. its a northwest red dry hopped with cascade and centennial.. phuckin delicious!!

Nice bar! Are those mountains in the background?

Heelch o Hops from Anderson Valley was my beer of choice last night. 100 IBUS of Imperial IPA, it is a bitter beer indeed but really tasty. I like pine in my IPA's and this delivered.

maltoftheearth said:
Heelch o Hops from Anderson Valley was my beer of choice last night. 100 IBUS of Imperial IPA, it is a bitter beer indeed but really tasty. I like pine in my IPA's and this delivered.

Funny that you're in NC, and I'm about 30 minutes away from the brewery and haven't heard of this beer.. I just fixed their can spinner in the machine shop too.

My ginger pale ale and jalepeno(mild) Probubbbbbbly worthy(maybe not to some ) of offering to try to some non craft beer drinking relatives for the holidays to try some homebrew. I just like the responses if they are really being honest and I stress that with sincerity,I like brutal honesty,sometimes.

Rouge Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale. I've been wanting to try it for a while. It's pretty good, I'd buy it again. I really like that they list they exact grains, hops, and yeast that they use right on the bottle

image-623953862.jpg

Rouge Captain Sig's Northwestern Ale. I've been wanting to try it for a while. It's pretty good, I'd buy it again. I really like that they list they exact grains, hops, and yeast that they use right on the bottle

Grabbed up another bottle of this,its one of my goto red ales personally.I have a weird stategegy anymore,its seasonals and favorates for craft beer,then anything I havent had yet.Of course random ageing homebrew. Good times.cheerz!:mug:

Just finished a custom six pack of:

Allagash Trippel
Omegang Three Philosophers
Duvel
Vichtenaar
Anchor Christmas Ale
Dogfish Head India Brown Ale

All whilst my dunkelweizen is fermenting...

Marshall El Cucuy India Black Ale! All I can say is Wow, this stuff is phenomenal! 22 oz of piney, citrusy goodness. Too bad I bought the last 2, and they're not making anymore until next year. I think I'll save the other one and try it in a few months (or days)....

F-in' quality beer. Just had it recently via trade and I want more! I've got a... we'll call it a Red IPA, dry hopping right now that I hope turns out good as Fixed Gear.

I was stoked when I found it locally here in FL. I just like the balancing act of a real bold red ale. I gotta say it knocked Deschutes Red Chair NWPA to being #2 favorite beer.

Idk if you really do have it there in CT, but there's a Total Wine store opening in that state and that's where I got it. Site says it's opening soon, but doesn't say what city/town.

I was stoked when I found it locally here in FL. I just like the balancing act of a real bold red ale. I gotta say it knocked Deschutes Red Chair NWPA to being #2 favorite beer.

Idk if you really do have it there in CT, but there's a Total Wine store opening in that state and that's where I got it. Site says it's opening soon, but doesn't say what city/town.

Thanks for the heads up. Knowing my luck the store is probably far, far away from me in Fairfield county. I'll keep tabs on it, though.

EDIT: Yep. Just looked it up. I'm in the very southeastern corner of the state and the store is opening in the very southwest corner of the state. Only about an hour and a half or so, but still... a long way to drive for beer. Of course, I'm the same guy who's willing to make a nine hour round trip for Heady Topper.

iambeer said:
Nice bar! Are those mountains in the background?

lol..we have lotz of mountains but in the pic, all I can see is mountains of brite tanks :).. picked up sum Epic elder Brett too so it's going to be a good night here soon!! :mug:

Edit: OMG.... I just looked again and.. Bammm. Mountain's are in the background... damn. I guess I take them for granted sum times!!

It's been quite the evening waiting for my adoptive nephew.

1. 5050 totality stout
2. 5050 2009 eclipse imperial stout (barrel aged)
3. Ranger ipa
4. Crown

Back