• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Chicagoland area...Interested in 20 lb CO2 tanks?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubasteve1976

Reaction score
I may have a deal going for some 20 lb CO2 tanks. Anyone from the Chicagoland area interested in 1 or more of these? Not looking to ship these at this time.

Like I said...Not a guaranteed thing yet, but I am just looking to see if anyone might be interested.

Hey, I'd be interested. I'm in Buffalo Grove. How much do you think they are going to run? Email me.

I am interested as well given the price. No need to ship, I am near Oswego.

PM me when you finish with the details.

I'm just going to throw this out there, No offense intended to the original poster. Please don't send money to new members you don't know, cash in person transactions are the best bet. I'm only mentioning this as there was an incident lately with a new member taking a lot of peoples money.

Sorry to the OP but I feel it had to be said.

John

I too am interested, as long as the price is right and they've been hydro tested within the last 3 years.

If they were stupid cheap, I may be interested... I just got a new 5lb though... I'm just north of you in Geneva.

We talking new? or used? if they're used, are they "current" (i.e. recently pressure tested)?? Just curious... thanks.

I don't live in Chicago, but a close buddy of mines does. I'd be comfortable with having him get one for me and paying you in cash. Please let me know when you have a price nailed down.

I have about 13 cylinders right know. I already have private buyers for 4-5. Not all of them are in hydro currently. I am going to get a price from a local company that is supposed to be a pretty cheap place to get tanks tested and certified.

To tell the truth...I'm not even sure how much I should be charging for these. Any one able to let me know what the going rate for a 20 lb cylinder is?

I am not sure what a good price would be but I am interested if the price is right on one that is in hydro date

All of the tanks that I have left are out of date, so they would need to be hydro tested. I have 5 or 6 20 lb tanks and 1 or 2 10 lb tanks. I am looking to get $40 each for them since they are out of date and will need to be tested.

Willing to negotiate the price if someone wants to buy all of them.

Let me know if you are interested.

I'd give you $60 for the 2 10#'s that need to be hydro tested. I can pick them up when I'm in town for the Aerosmith concert next month.

I'm still interested, but I need to know if it is still worth it since I'll have to get the tank hydro tested. Just looking for a place in my area that will do the testing and their cost.

I'm still interested, but I need to know if it is still worth it since I'll have to get the tank hydro tested. Just looking for a place in my area that will do the testing and their cost.

Ok, let me know what you find out.

Also, check with some of the locations that fill tanks, maybe one of them would take one that is out of hydro. I know that I have read posts on this forum claiming that some of the places don't care if they are in hydro or not. They will just swap it out for you with no questions asked.

I need to get rid of these asap, so I will drop the price to $30 each regardless of size. Most places around here are charging $30 for the hydro test. I have these listed on Craigslist for more $$$, but I will be lowering that price soon too.

Let me know if you are interested!!!

I have not been able to find a place around me that will do a hydro test. Still looking into whether or not I can find a place to swap tanks.

Kinda coming into this late, so just an FYI. I'm sure you've already looked into this, but just in case:

Places that refill and service fire extinguishers need to hydro test them. Maybe they can test your tanks?

I have not been able to find a place around me that will do a hydro test. Still looking into whether or not I can find a place to swap tanks.

I know of 2 places in Aurora that will do a hydro test. I know it's not exactly local to you being that you are from Joliet, but there really aren't very many places around the Chicagoland area that do them.

Also, to update the thread...I have people coming for a couple of the tanks later today.

So I only have (1) 15 lb tank and (3) 20 lb tanks left. They are starting to go fast!

Back