Weyermann Sinamar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrostyBeverage

Reaction score
Hey I have been experimenting with so called "black ipa" and have not had the best results for the taste I am looking for. I know that sinamar is a recc' for color without flavors... But it seems the only online retailer who sells it is out of stock (Northern Brewer)... Anybody know a place to get this stuff? I don't need a 5l jug just enough to experiment with... If I can't find it I will just have to play with carafa

Well sorta... It is an extract of sorts made out of their proprietary Carafa Special I or II or III... You would use it just for color... I am just not getting Carafa Special at my LHBS which I prefer to give my monies to. And I want to experiment... that second primary is empty

If you're just using it for color, I don't see why you couldn't just steep some of brewmaster's debittered black.
EDIT - Gila beat me to it.

I believe you mean Cascadian Dark Ale.....
I've heard suggestions of holding off on adding the darker grains till the last 10 mins or so of the mash as well. Getting the color, but not so much the bite.

Latest posts

Back