Bottling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tsuyako

Reaction score
Okay so I'm new to mead making and I have a 1 gallon of simple mead going (honey/water/yeast) and it's been sitting for a good couple of months...I think six. Anyway how do I bottle this? Not as in 'put in a bottle then enjoy' but more like do I need to prime it in anyway, throw in more yeast, throw in more sugar, what?

...I think I'm thinking to hard...

If you let it sit that long, it's not likely it will carbonate unless you added like 1-3 small specs of yeast per bottle but I'll assume you are not looking to carbonate it (though carbonated mead pwnz all others imo). Just rack it and bottle it; nothing complex. You using wine bottles with corks or just beer bottles?

If you let it sit that long, it's not likely it will carbonate unless you added like 1-3 small specs of yeast per bottle but I'll assume you are not looking to carbonate it (though carbonated mead pwnz all others imo). Just rack it and bottle it; nothing complex. You using wine bottles with corks or just beer bottles?

I have a couple of wine bottles just no way to cork them so I'm going to stick with beer bottles. I like the idea of carbed mead though...could be tasty.:D

I've carbonated just like beer. I've never had to add yeast to get it to carbonated and I usually age them at least 6 to 8 months.

Back