9/11 brewcast with PseudoChef, WOP31, salad419 and ohiobrewtus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
This Friday, 9/11. Estimated start time is about 3 pm, but is subject to change.

ohiobrewtus on USTREAM: . All

We were bombarded with trollers at livestream last time, so I put a password on this room to make it private. If you are interested in watching, shoot me a PM and I'll get you the password.

I wish it was NEXT weekend- I'd swing by and surprise you guys. Oh, well, I really do hope I can make it down for a brewday and get a chance to see you and your wife again.

I'd like to see the others, too, of course! I hope I get the chance at some point to meet the ones I haven't met, and to see pseudochef again also.

Only an hour away for me. There is the Columbus North Market Fest going on though. Hmm, is anyone invited?

Only an hour away for me. There is the Columbus North Market Fest going on though. Hmm, is anyone invited?

To the brewcast? Sure! :D

To brew? Maybe someday I'll have a an Ohio HBT meet up at my place, but that will have to be another time.

We'll be sampling and judging 5 of Evan!'s beers and these are my contributions to sample (others are bringing commercial beers to try as well):

beerpurchase8-31-09.jpg

visitwithEvan8-7-09.jpg

Perhaps best week ever material right here.

Kegging equipment gets here tomorrow, and I leave for OB's on Thurs.

This is going to be epic.

Bets to be taken are as follows:

1) How much we actually brew on Friday.
2) How many commercial beers we try.
3) How many homebrews we try.
4) How much food we grill.
5) How much food we smoke.
6) How many hours of sleep we get.

Count me in! (For tuning in). I always enjoy a good brewcast, and this one is not even during work hours!

Also, I picked up a Sebastian Bekgian Golden ale and tried it this weekend. Plenty of fruitness, but there was something unusual about it that I could not quite place. It got a bit better as it warmed up. I really only bought it for the cool bottle. I'd probalby buy it again, but maybe a different flavor next time.

Also, that place downtown is supposed to have Bells Oktoberfest on tap. They only have two taps, so I'm surprised they are serving a craft beer on one of them. We usually have a Bud Light crowd around here.

Perhaps best week ever material right here.

Kegging equipment gets here tomorrow, and I leave for OB's on Thurs.

Dang, that's not much time to play with your new kegging toys.

This is going to be epic.

Bets to be taken are as follows:

1) How much we actually brew on Friday.

It will be at least 15 gallons. This much I know for certain. 5 gallons of "V" (Belgian Quintuple) and 10 gallons of Ordinary Bitter. More may be brewed depending on the collective motor skills of the group. :D

2) How many commercial beers we try.

Considering that there will be at least 4 of us there (possibly 5) I'd put this number at about 18.

3) How many homebrews we try.

4) How much food we grill.
5) How much food we smoke.

Cooking steaks Friday for dinner. The massive amounts of food don't get cooked/smoked until Saturday morning.

6) How many hours of sleep we get.

Should be plenty. Golf isn't until 11 on Saturday.

I just can't pull on over on you, can I Sacc? :D If nothing else, it will be entertaining for sober people to watch.

The sampling likely won't start until both boils are started. Considering that what's in my pics is about half of what we're going to have to choose from, all bets are off after about 5 pm or so.

Some of the others include:

'08 Upland Blueberry Lambic
'08 Upland Cherry Lambic
'07, '08, and '09 Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree IPA
Founders - Kentucky Breakfast Stout
Three Floyds - Dreadnaught
Port Brewing - Hop 15
Lost Abbey - Lost and Found
Lost Abbey - Judgement Day

Lots of home brews as well, including Hopacles '09 and PseudoChef's NHC '09 Silver medal winning Jack Daniels barrel aged Belgian Dark Strong Ale.

To the brewcast? Sure! :D

To brew? Maybe someday I'll have a an Ohio HBT meet up at my place, but that will have to be another time.

We'll be sampling and judging 5 of Evan!'s beers and these are my contributions to sample (others are bringing commercial beers to try as well):

visitwithEvan8-7-09.jpg

That looks a lot like my recent purchase. Have you been to my house?

P1050525.JPG

Just found out we have a wine tasting thingy at 3 CST for the wedding. Hopefully I can catch the first 30 mins though

PM sent...and that beer selection is making me thirsty! Those are some damn good samples of west coast brew right there, too. That Hop Stoopid is a great beer, but I was surprised that it's not TOO over the top hoppy.

Thanks to PseudoChef and WOP for making the trip to Ohio and thanks to those who were able to attend the brewcast.

My apologies to anyone who sent me a PM for the password and I didn't get a response back from me. With all the brewing and awesome beers to sample it quickly became easy to forget to check my PM box!

I haven't taken any pictures off of my camera yet, but I will probably do so tonight and will get *some* stuff posted.

Thanks to PseudoChef and WOP for making the trip to Ohio and thanks to those who were able to attend the brewcast.

My apologies to anyone who sent me a PM for the password and I didn't get a response back from me. With all the brewing and awesome beers to sample it quickly became easy to forget to check my PM box!

I haven't taken any pictures off of my camera yet, but I will probably do so tonight and will get *some* stuff posted.

Please make sure to post the drunken pictures. I like those the best!

Just like the movie says:

1) you do not speak of Beerfest outside of Beerfest!
2) you do not bring outsiders to Beerfest!
3) your grandfather was a thieving bastard stableboy!
4) you are the offspring of the bastard son of some whore!

:D

PC pouring some of his 'Bretted Double':
100_0257.jpg

PC pouring some of his Jack BDSA:
100_0259.jpg

PC and WOP:
100_0260.jpg

PC and WOP - their manginas got too cold sitting outside so they had to go get sweatshirts:
100_0267.jpg

Dark Horse Crooked Tree Vertical tasting - '07/'08/'09:
100_0264.jpg

One of the only pics I have with me in it, since I was the one taking them all:
100_0271.jpg

Bacon explosion rolls that paired very well with PC's pancakes for pre-Beerfest breakfast on Saturday:
100_0307.jpg

WOP. PC and my buddy Lowell hanging out on the deck:
100_0313.jpg

WOP's Bacon Explosion rolls going on the grill:
100_0310.jpg

Damn those things look beautiful:
100_0311.jpg

The spread of just about 50 pounds of meat (plus 36 kickass chicken drums not shown):
100_0320.jpg

100_0321.jpg

100_0322.jpg

100_0323.jpg

PC and some bacon explosion:
100_0327.jpg

This was hilarious. Most everyone's plate looked just like PC's here - all meat. Oh, and there's a shot of the chicken legs in the bottom left:
100_0328.jpg

Of course we watched Beerfest at Beerfest:
100_0346.jpg

PC REALLY likes Three Philosophers:
100_0351.jpg

From L ro R - my cousin, drumminbrewer333, PC and salad419:
100_0367.jpg

Making the baco shells (which didn't turn out to well, next time I'm weaving them):
100_0384.jpg

Some leftover bacon explosion and beef brisket:
100_0386.jpg

Add some eggs:
100_0387.jpg

Get the hashbrowns ready:
100_0388.jpg

Time for bacos! (thinks tacos, but with a shell of bacon):
100_0389.jpg

Back