pelteir fermentation chamber/"back to the future" cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nastybrew

Reaction score
Well i've finished my temperature controlled cooler i'm planning to use for a fermentation chamber. I chose to use a 100w peltier I found on the internet for cooling and a 100w hoffman enclosure heater for the heat portion. the temperature controller is a control products tc-9102d, and i purchased a 30A 12v power supply, the peltier heat side has a powerful 120v fan and the cool side is using a 12v fan. I realize the peltier wont be able to do anything crazy like lagering but it will correct minor to moderate temperature swings. it was a fun project to do so if you have any questions or comments feel free to ask or tell.

photo (16).JPG

photo (17).JPG

photo (18).JPG

photo (20).JPG

photo (21).JPG

This is cheaper or more efficient than a fridge and controller? Looks super complicated, props to you for designing and building that monster!

the cost to run is barely noticable , probably 30cents a day but it cost me close to 200 bucks after all said and done. the up side to mine is its ultra portable. you could probably get used fridge and a controller for the same price or maybe even less.

Very nice! I was pulling stuff together for a peltier cooled humidor made from an igloo but never finished. I like your product!

Back