Popular Science Get's brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One word thing makes this system seem flawed: trub. With such a complicated "closed system" it seems that clean up would be difficult. Sure is shiney though...

Damn Squirrels said:
That's an awful lot of complex mumbo-jumbo pseudo-scientific bull**** just to make extract recipes.

Exactly what I was thinking.
And you have to pour the water in (from a hose)?!? Booooo...!

I'll stick with my 8 gallon pot, 6 gallon pot, 10 gallon Water Cooler MLT and my 3 faucet kegerator in my kitchen.

$4300 !

And it doesn't even do AG?

Seriously, we should get PopSci to give Yuri, Brewpastor, Bobby M, and some of our other ace DIYers $4300, and then have them come back in a few months and do an article on a REAL homebrewery!

Philly water huh? I wonder if I can get him to bring it out to our next homebrew day...

"It also employs a complex temperature-control system to regulate the fermentation (often done in a corner of a basement) to within a degree or two. A couple weeks later, the same system chills the beer on its way from keg to tap, "

So, when he's brewing, he gets warm ale? Or does he brew one month & drink the next? Or maybe the reporter is totally clueless.

The Device can serve up to four kinds of beer at once while fermenting a fifth.

There's only two kegs and two tap's, someone with half a brain please explain how that works!

Cheers

I think they owe me some sort of idea royalty or something. It's an obvious ripoff of my hard R&D work. I knew I hear helocopters flying around my neighborhood a few months ago.

My freon cooling system:

PreChiller.JPG

Shiny wort holder thingy:

Keggle_3.JPG

Advance temperature controller gadget:

Mash_Lid_Therm.JPG

Yes, the ultimate in brewing efficiency:

10Gallon_Setup.JPG

HEY...MINE DOES ALL GRAIN.....

Yah got my vote Biermuncher!

I can't imagine telling SWMBO "Hey Hon, I added up all my receipts from my Extract Homebrew Contraption and it came in just under FIVE GRAND!! Aren't you excited?" That Extract Twang just speaks money to me...

Twang, Ka Ching, Twang, Ka Ching!, etc.

One of the guys at work was telling me about this thing. He said, "it does the same thing you do but all by it's self."

Yeah, what ever. I was doing the same thing he did with just a $30 turkey fryer.

And with all that money into that thing, why the hell does he only have a 55,000 btu burner? That's just a cheap turkey fryer from Target.

Bike N Brew said:
$4300 !

And it doesn't even do AG?

Seriously, we should get PopSci to give Yuri, Brewpastor, Bobby M, and some of our other ace DIYers $4300, and then have them come back in a few months and do an article on a REAL homebrewery!

I second that....

LMAO Biermuncher...

What if there were a machine—a beautiful shiny machine—and all it did, with almost no work from you, was make you beer?

That statement makes me sad. :( I can't really explain it, it's just depressing.

For $4k, I could build a sick AG system with conicals and the whole bit, and still have enough $$ left over to hire a dude to kick that PopSci reporter's ass for me. God what crap.

Or, there's always option B:

$4,300 less $300 for some basic AG equipment.

That's $4,000 for ingredients.

I can do a 10 gallon batch of SNPA for about $32 delivered.

Figure $2.00 per batch for propane.

$34 per batch with $4,000 to spend.

That's 118 batches of premium craft to give me 12,941 bottles at about 30 cents apiece.

Hmmmmm. Tough decision.

A great setup for someone with too little info and too much money.

......But it really is shiney

Guys, seriously, write into Popsci and tell them what's up! Who knows, maybe somebody here could get a Popsci sponsorship of a few Benjamins and then do an awesome article on the "cutting edge" HB.

I have a high tech Apfelwein system that cost $25 and that includes a Better Bottle, Carboy Cap, Airlock, and funnel. :D

LOL ! That was horrible. My granny who knows nothn about beer could brew better than those 2 dorks. Sorry if your 1 of them reading this but COME ON ! I think the first guy who lights the burner is crosseyed ! ?

Back