Wondering what web stores the brew vets use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l3uerger

Reaction score
i've only come across 1 professional site so far with a good variety of stock and decent shipping rates.
Would love to hear of some other sites.

If there is a list all ready in the forums please accept my humble drunken apologies:p

Yeah northernbrewer is what i been using seem to recall austin's shipping prices being a little more but perhaps i'll give it another look.

I've never purchased ingredients online. I'm fortunate to live in an area where we have several first class homebrew shops within a very short driving distance.

I have purchased equipment from More Beer in the past though. I was happy with the product and service I recieved from them.

I use Northern Brewer the most, then Midwest, then Austin HB, My orders mainly go with NB because they get it out the door the same or next day (depending on when you order) and its here the next day.

Midwest supplies is another relatively big supplier.

l3uerger said:
seem to recall austin's shipping prices being a little more but perhaps i'll give it another look.
You've got to be confusing it with some other place, because austin homebrew's flat-rate shipping policy is the cheapest shipping around, with the possible exception of morebeer's limited free shipping on orders over $59...

SuperiorBrew said:
I use Northern Brewer the most, then Midwest, then Austin HB, My orders mainly go with NB because they get it out the door the same or next day (depending on when you order) and its here the next day.

Same here. I'd probably use AHB more if they were closer to me

For the most part I have been using austinhomebrew. I like their service and products. Living in NV it take the same amount of time for my stuff to get here regardless of where I order. Austins flat rate shipping is also a plus.

yeah i see that, i think actually it was the distance factor. Won't be buying any yeast from them but they got some nicer prices on equipment.

AFAJ Brew Guy said:
For the most part I have been using austinhomebrew. I like their service and products. Living in NV it take the same amount of time for my stuff to get here regardless of where I order. Austins flat rate shipping is also a plus.

I just placed an order from AHS to see how fast the stuff would get here. So far seems like a good place to order from.. I like the flat rate shipping.

Have also ordered from Midwest and Williams. Williams seems to have been the fastest so far.

Not having a LHBS sucks:mad:

riored4v said:
I just placed an order from AHS to see how fast the stuff would get here. So far seems like a good place to order from.. I like the flat rate shipping.

Have also ordered from Midwest and Williams. Williams seems to have been the fastest so far.

Not having a LHBS sucks:mad:

The last time that I ordered from them I had my stuff in about a week. We have a HBS in Reno, but the guy that owns the place is pretty set in his ways and refuses to stock anything that a lot of people seem to prefer. I will go there is a pinch, but if I need anything I will order online.

Never had an issue with Northerm Brewer, stuff ships quick, prices are fair, ingredients are fresh. All good.

I've placed one order with Austin Homebrew, no problems, all seemed to be good. Base prices can be fairly high, but shipping is cheap if you're buying heavy stuff ($6 flat shipping). Just be careful - some things like bulk grain, the shipping is cheap - but the price per pound can be significantly higher than if you shop around.

AFAJ Brew Guy said:
The last time that I ordered from them I had my stuff in about a week. We have a HBS in Reno, but the guy that owns the place is pretty set in his ways and refuses to stock anything that a lot of people seem to prefer. I will go there is a pinch, but if I need anything I will order online.

+1 on that Brew Guy. I've gotten things like bottle caps and my boil pot thermometer there, and not much else.

Latest posts

Back