Beer shop in Portland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatjonguy

Now with 57.93% more awesome!
Reaction score
I am sure there are numerous threads however I was just informed my brother is leaving Monday morning for Portland to pick up a car. I don't really have time to search all the threads for the info, so....

What shop(s) or breweries should I have him hit for me and what beers can be found realitively easy and I bottles that I have to try?

I have already told him about Hair of the Dog and Cascade, looking for others.

Thanks!

Brew shop: FH Steinbart downtown PDX. Bridgeview on Main st Or City-- looks sketchy but has tons of beers from ALL OVER.
Brewpub: Rogue downtown or Bazi bier brasserie (Belgian heaven off Hawthorne).
Beer: find a Brother Thelonious from North Coast brewing Ft Bragg, CA)-- New Seasons market has it.
(I'm not a huge hophead like most other NWerners)

Public houses/Bottle shops: Belmont Station on SE Stark, 1201 bottles, Baileys downtown, The Beer Mongers on Division

Breweries: Upright Brewing (mostly saisons, really cool building, just a few blocks north of the Rose Garden, in a basement, open fermentation), Stickman (in Lake Oswego on the West side, a little drive out to the burbs but so artfully done), Gigantic, definitely Cascade (my fav), and Hair of the Dog

Steinbarts is actually not a bottle shop its a LHBS and sorta famous, they ship all over the country, its in SE not downtown

Buy some HoftheD to bring home if you don't mind spending, Cascade is doing great stuff! I'd buy a Sang Noir or two from them, also spendy but worth it.

Logsdon, owned by David Logsdon co-founder of Wyeast, his exwife got the yeast company and he started Logsdon Ales... Gotta get your self an $11 bottle of their Saison Bretta. Upright sells theirs for around 10-12 for the flagships so that's worht it too.

Forgot Burnside Brewing Company, they have a fantastic IPA, and other really creative ales, as does Gigantic

That kind of write up is the reason I came to you guys! I shall send him onward with this info and a bunch of cash.

Back