San Francisco Beer Tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jablestein

Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm going to be heading out to San Fran next week for a conference and I'm wondering what brewpubs/breweries/bars I should hit up for some delicious local brews that I most likely can't find in Colorado.

A few of my co-workers and myself are big Russian River fans but due to limited distribution it's very hard to get our hands on anything out here. I'm hoping that it's a little more available there.

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.

-Justin

Google "beer mapping project". It will be your best friend

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Holy crap that is awesome...

Russian River account list. If you're looking to bring home bottles, it's pretty easy to find at Whole Foods.

When I'm visiting I like to visit Triple Rock in Berkeley (short walk from BART), Beer Revolution and The Trappist are within walking distance of each other and a BART station in Oakland, and in the city, the ever classic Toronado (basically the Falling Rock of SF), City Beer, 21st Amendment, Magnolia, Alembic and Zeitgeist.

A tour of Anchor is pretty awesome if you have time and they aren't booked.

BeerAdvocate's Beerfly Guide on the Bay Area.

SPLASTiK pretty much nailed the list. I would also add lucky 13 on market is a great place for local beers.

If you are a RR fan, Pliny the Young kegs are still floating around. I came across it at PiBar last night. As SPLASTiK said Whole Foods is a great place to find RR beers.

I really want to get my hands on Pliny the Younger if I can. They've had a few kegs tapped out here but I've missed them all. Must find Pliny...

Where are you staying / where's your conference?

There's a neat little brewpub with outdoor seating around a firepit in Half Moon Bay. Half Moon Bay brewing I think. Nothing too exciting, but their beers are alright.

If you don't go to RR you've made a big mistake. Just get the sampler to start. Love that place.

Back