Beer From Only One Brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smuttynose - everything they brew is either good or outstanding, and they're good people over there. Also, I think they've covered just about every possible style at this point.

Oskar Blues!

That's if I'm taking into account the actually brewery itself as well. If it's just the beer, then Avery by far. But their tap room/brewery is just too crowded at all times.

You can't really pick one...if a commercial brewery is your fav. then so be it. Personally my favorite IPA is Heady Topper from The Alchemist Brewery in Waterbury, VT. (RIP--thanks hurricane Irene)

Variety is the spice of life. Sticking with just one brewery would be really boring, in my opinion.

That being said, I guess the two breweries that have the most beers that I like would be Stone and Dogfish Head.

DAMN..you guy are spoiled for choice!!!!! here in southafrica we have 4-6 lagers, 1-2 stouts to chose from!!!no ales, not even speaking of the "special" stuff

That's an easy one for me, Bell's.

I like alot of breweries, but it seems like many of the larger craft guys do one or two styles really well (Stone, IPA's; Left Hand, Dark beer; DFH, crazy stuff) but fall off pretty dramatically at the stuff they don't do as much of.

Bell's has such a wide portfolio. All of the following are some of the best examples of the style out there:

Two Hearted (IPA)
Hopslam(IIPA)
Best Brown
Third Coast Old Ale
Oberon (wheat)
Consecrator (Doppelbock)
etc...

If I had to pick one brewery, this would be it because its the only one I can think of that would satisfy me no matter what food/season/mood.

ajwillys said:
That's an easy one for me, Bell's.

I like alot of breweries, but it seems like many of the larger craft guys do one or two styles really well (Stone, IPA's; Left Hand, Dark beer; DFH, crazy stuff) but fall off pretty dramatically at the stuff they don't do as much of.

Bell's has such a wide portfolio. All of the following are some of the best examples of the style out there:

Two Hearted (IPA)
Hopslam(IIPA)
Best Brown
Third Coast Old Ale
Oberon (wheat)
Consecrator (Doppelbock)
etc...

If I had to pick one brewery, this would be it because its the only one I can think of that would satisfy me no matter what food/season/mood.

DFH is similar you just gotta live closer to them. The further you get and the less brews you find of theirs. They have an India Brown Ale, Shelter Pale Ale, all their continuously hopped IPAs (60 min, 90 min, and 120 min), Midas Touch for a meade, World Wide Stoudt for the best stoudt I have ever had, Olde School Barley Wine, and don't forget their Punkin Ale. There is a ton more they make occasionally or seasonally but seriously they have so much variety and every brew tastes great.

DFH is similar you just gotta live closer to them. The further you get and the less brews you find of theirs. They have an India Brown Ale, Shelter Pale Ale, all their continuously hopped IPAs (60 min, 90 min, and 120 min), Midas Touch for a meade, World Wide Stoudt for the best stoudt I have ever had, Olde School Barley Wine, and don't forget their Punkin Ale. There is a ton more they make occasionally or seasonally but seriously they have so much variety and every brew tastes great.

I've actually had all those listed except for Shelter Pale. WWS and 120 are illegal in NC, but I have some sources ;)

My favorite DFH is probably My Antonia. I also really like the India Brown. 60 and 90 are only ok.

I agree though that proximity probably plays a factor.

New Belgium

Great selection and I like their dryer beer style. Fat Tire, 1554, Trippel, Ranger, Belgo, & Snow Day are staples in my fridge. When I feel like something new, their Lips of Faith series is never dull. Now if I can just figure out how they get their brews down to the 2° Plato range, I'll sleep much better at night :-/

DFH for store bought beer.. Hill Farmstead for brewery only, it sucks its a 3 hour round trip.. :(

i'd have to say Deschutes or O'Dell, but i'd much rather surrender the use of a limb than only have one brewery to choose from.... whole spice of life thing kinda goes out the window when you remove variety from it.

Rogue for me. Mainly because I manage to get to the brewery 4-6 times/year where they always have about 40 different delicious things on tap. They even make Rum! Arrrgghhh...

Despite Bell's being my favorite brewery, I'd have to roll with Founders in this situation. I'd take Two Hearted over Centennial to be honest, but could easily survive with Red's Rye for my hop fix. I prefer Founders Porter to Bell's Porter or K-zoo. Sacrificing Double Cream and Hopslam hurts, but Breakfast, it's alterations, Double Trouble and Devil Dancer would get me by. The Backstage stuff helps aswell. On top of it all, I might be the only personin the world who is an absolute whore for Cerise.

Back