So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep got some propane and brewed another batch today....with much better results.

Went from a dismal 63% eff yesterday to a much better 76% today. I brewed my first recipe from scratch today. I am very excited to see how my Pale Ale turns out!

:mug: Now its time to have a "few" homebrews Cheers!

I will be working on a small batch of either a malted amber ale or a Vienna lager tomorrow...both are extracts, but I have them laying around...so why not.

Just finished brewing my third batch... It's an American Wheat from Morebeer... Learning so much on here... Next up is a Pale Ale II also from Morebeer.com

I did an oatmeal stout that clocked in @ 82% efficiency. If it survives fermentation (was distracted by car club members who brought some carburetors for me to restore, it sat chilled, and open to the elements whilst in the kettle), I will add coffee and cocoa to the secondary.

I brewed up this extract recipe today. My first original recipe non kit brew. My OG hit 1.069 after temperature adjustments. Off a little bit from the recipe, but still right on for the style. Honey IPA, just sounded great to me. I think I am going to dry hop in secondary for a week with 1 oz cascade leaf hops.

Beer: - Style: India Pale Ale
Type: Extract w/grain Size: 5 gallons
Color: 19 HCU (~11 SRM)
Bitterness: 69 IBU
OG: 1.074 FG: 1.015
Alcohol: 7.6% v/v (6.0% w/w)
Grain: 8 oz. American victory
1 lb. American crystal 40L
Boil: minutes SG 1.074 5 gallons
6 lb. Light malt extract
1 lb. Light dry malt extract
2 lb. Honey
Hops: 1 oz. Chinook (12% AA, 60 min.)
1 oz. Cascade (6% AA, 45 min.)
1 oz. Cascade (6% AA, 30 min.)
1 oz. Cascade (6% AA, 15 min.)

I brewed the Loon Lake Smoked Porter today...third all-grain batch and it went pretty dismally. Missed my OG by 9 points and had 3 boilovers. I seriously need to upgrade my mashing equipment - a nylon paint straining bag and 32Q pot really don't cut it for AG. Regardless, I imagine it'll still be decent - just a bit too bitter for the style.

Repeating my West Coast Pale Ale with some tweaks. Very small changes to the grain bill, ie slightly less crystal. Switched the hops from Magnum, Amarillo and Crystal hops with Amarillo in the lead role to just Crystal and Columbus with Crystal in the lead. The first version came out great, but it won't last long, so gotta get some more APA in the bottle to drink!

Just put my first batch of Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale in the fermenter. The only change I made was to use Amarillo instead of Cascade.
OG came out at 1.050 which isn't TOO far off of Ed's target of 1.051 :ban:

Got bored. Had some grain and a mega butt-ton of fresh hops from my plants. I'm kind of winging it, we'll see what happens.

Doing my summer citrus wheat on Friday evening, so I'll have something light on tap for the holidays. This time I'll be using Wyeast's Kolsch Yeast (2565), which has less sulfur notes and I think creates a cleaner, more crisp flavor.

I will be brewing an american barleywine recipe this weekend. Just in time for NEXT winter!!

Got some DFT Panagea, Sahtea and 90 Minute to help out brew day.

Seeing as I'm just about ready to bottle my first beer, a brown ale, I'm setting sights on a new recipe. I'm still a little torn between an Irish or American red ale. I'm leaning a little towards the American, however I'll make the decision at the last second like I usually do. I highly doubt I'll be disappointed either way.

Going to attempt making some chicha on Friday.

The corn waso home germinated and dried in the oven. Going to mash and boil it like a beer and use lager yeast during fermentation. Shuld be interesting.

Starter is banging away on the plate for the warm temp lager experiment this weekend (3 gal of American Light Lager), and I'll squeeze in a Flanders Red no-sparge-no-chill at the same time. It will be my first time step mashing on the RIMS.

i really really want to. I got a brand spanking new Polarware 42qt Kettle from Brewmasters warehouse and I want to break it in. However, we need to finish organizing our new place, have a Halloween party to go to and have to get a chest freezer because my hop inventory is taking over all of the available freezer space at our new place. I am ok having hops for dinner, SWMBO...not so much

I'll be brewing up a test batch of AG along with another 5.5 gallons of Graff with a friend. He's pretty interested in getting into it so I may hook him up with a 3 gallon carboy and a few other odds and ends I have laying around.

Saturday I'm making Bier Muncher's centennial Blonde. Always on tap at my house.

Sunday I'm making Bier Muncher's Oktoberfast. Love Oktoberfest beers but I can't lager yet so I make them ales. I have EdWorts in bottles right now and it's great.

Is it bad I tend to brew almost every weekend? Blahh what am I saying of course not..

Light Brown Ale is up for this weekend :tank:

Back