Troops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
I was just thinking.... I have a friend that's in the service, and is overseas, who I'd like to surprise with a few bottles (alright a full batch) of brew.... does anyone have any ideas as to how I could get it there? especially since they dont allow them booze overseas.

thanks!

If you mean the giant sandbox, definite NO GO. I don't know APO/FPO rules for other bases overseas but I recenly researched it for justbrewit to send some Bigfoot, and I have my doubts it wold get through customs....

...besides, even the APO system forbids mailing alcohol. For packages you have to fill out a customs form. If you get caught lying about the contents it's a FEDERAL offense.

I know, I lived in Europe for 9 years and used the system. Sorry.

yea a definite NO GO if he's in a muslim country. I was there as a civilian contractor and when i first walked into the PX, i was surrounded by beer..........NA beer. talk about a tease. anyways........

if he wants a beer, tell him to go find the British or Australian guys. their COs seem to be alot more lax about alcohol. and they usually have some good beer with them. well they got me drunk a couple times :tank: :rockin:

and about shipping, well ive had "care packages" sent to me without being caught. i don't recomend it though.

Back