Central valley or bay area members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you ever see the blue F150 parked in front of the doors and a guy giving everyone beer to taste inside that's me... Jade calls me her other son. I'm normally there everyday around 4-5ish.

I love jade she so sweet. hop tech is my lhbs :rockin:

Anyone around the Visalia/Fresno area have some corny kegs I can borrow for a few weeks in December. I'm doing all the beer for my brother in Laws wedding and only have 7 kegs myself. Need around 10.
Thanks,
Daniel

just moved to santa cruz 3.5 months ago from philly. looking to get into a homebrew club, anyone got any suggestions?

Any of you Fresno brewers been to Benecomes? (if that is how you spell it) Thinking about taking a trip up there to get some yeast this weekend. Just wondering how the shop is.

I'm not a fan really. It's dirty and they will constantly try to get you to buy different grains/hops/yeast than what you're looking for if they don't have what you want. That being said, they're all we've got in the Central Valley. What yeast are you looking for?

I'm getting ready to brew a red hook ESB clone... I really like the wyeast activators, and Midwest recommends the American ale... I might get the American ale II for its high flocc rate

jeremyb7603 said:
I am stationed at NAS Lemoore. Homebrewing in now my new obsession, haha. Dont know too many people though.

Jeremy I am in Hanford. Been brewing for about a year and half. Maybe we can hook up for a brew day sometime.
Jim

jeremyb7603 said:
Any of you Fresno brewers been to Benecomes? (if that is how you spell it) Thinking about taking a trip up there to get some yeast this weekend. Just wondering how the shop is.

They are nice and helpful but the place could be cleaner and more professional.

jsmoon888 said:
Jeremy I am in Hanford. Been brewing for about a year and half. Maybe we can hook up for a brew day sometime.
Jim

Jim, that would be cool... I'm in the navy so my schedule is kinda screwy... I work the night shift, so Sunday night through Thursday night...

Before Oakdale takes over... Gotta have the "Hopyard" crew represent!
Im in Dublin. Do you go to hoptech for your supplies? NOBODY can beat Jade and Robeerto on customer service!

I'm also in Dublin, and +1 for Hoptech & Jade & Robeerto! The best LHBS! They got me off to a great brewing start.

Lots of brewers in the Visalia/Fresno/Hanford/Lemoore area! And a couple of good Clubs (TCHops and San Joaquin Worthogs). Happy to provide info on the clubs, meetups or LHBS (Bencomo's).

Just moved to Fresno, new to area and and only 2 home batches brewed so new-ish to hm too. I want to go all grain, would love to meet some our hm'ers in the area.

Welcome Wolfdust! Come on out to the next Worthog meeting! We will be at Bencomo's Homebrew Supply. There will be an all grain demo starting at 10am. Meeting Starts at 12 and we typically hand out and share beer until 3ish.

You are welcome to come check out the club. If you decide to join, membership is really cheap ($30/year - we'll even pro-rate as a new member coming in later.)

Just moved to Fresno, new to area and and only 2 home batches brewed so new-ish to hm too. I want to go all grain, would love to meet some our hm'ers in the area.

Hey thanks for three reply. That sounds good, I do a far bit of traveling for work so if I'm in town I'll go.

Lots of brewers in the immediate bay area like Oakland, Berkeley and such. I am in a HB club in oakland that has about 100ish members

We've been talking about doing some collaborative meetings with the other clubs around, it would be very cool to stretch that out to the bay area as well.

Anyone in the valley know of any competitions upcoming? I entered the Alameda County Fair, looking for another contest.

We've got well over 100 members, usually somewhere between 40-50 show up each meeting.

Definitely come out, we have members from the Hanford/Lemoore/Visalia area as well.

If you make it out to a meeting, find me (Aaron) and I'll get you all setup.

Back