I want to watch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorcycleMike

Reaction score
:D
I've been brewing with extract kits with good results for about a year.
I want to start brewing all grain. The more I read, the more confused I get.
Anybody, preferably on the northeast side of Atlanta, want to let me watch and learn? Thanks!

:D
I've been brewing with extract kits with good results for about a year.
I want to start brewing all grain. The more I read, the more confused I get.
Anybody, preferably on the northeast side of Atlanta, want to let me watch and learn? Thanks!

Check out this thread: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/atlanta-area-homebrew-clubs-117511/

Often times, clubs will have brew sessions and I'm sure they'd welcome a greenhorn (no offense) to teach him a few tricks.

MC

Thanks for the reply MC. All the clubs I have found in the area have their meetings at times I'm unable to attend. My work day starts REAL early so 6 or 7 in the evening is late to me.
I need to find an individual or group that brews on weekend mornings or early afternoons.
I just want to see the process first hand.

I live in Buckhead but I am in Chicago at the moment on business. I will probably be brewing within the next two weeks. When I get back in town I can meet you at the pub (like Brickstore or The Porter) or something and we could possibly discuss.

Thanks Chad.
Let me know when you can meet. I'm free most Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays end early as Mondays come way before sun up.

I should be flying back sometime (this) Saturday morning. I'll shoot you a PM within the next couple days to confirm and we can plan something. I work from home when I am in Atlanta so my schedule is pretty flexible to meet you somewhere to talk All-Grain.

In the meantime, you can take a look through this thread. DeathBrewer walks through a very simple BIAB method of all-grain brewing on a simple stove-top with minimal equipment investment. All-grain brewing definitely does not need to be complicated. However, we here at HBT tend to geek out on the hobby (even to the point of moving beyond hobby and into the professional realm)......and it can get confusing in a hurry depending on which threads you choose to follow.

Back