Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that its up and running here's mine

ForumRunner_20120507_194949.jpg

I have been meaning to post this for awhile. I store in both sides. The freezer side is the kegerator while I use the fridge side for both storage and lagering. It began life as an 80's bisque color fridge. I stripped it, painted it, lined it with aluminum inside, and made shelves. It is temperature controlled on both sides with 2 cpu fans for the lager chamber.

IMG_20120212_220612.jpg

Finally getting around to posting some pics of mine. I had higher hopes for this thing, but once I got into building it I realized that I didn't have the time,money or skillz to build what I had pictured in my head. All in all I'm happy with it though.:mug:

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Finally getting around to posting some pics of mine. I had higher hopes for this thing, but once I got into building it I realized that I didn't have the time,money or skillz to build what I had pictured in my head. All in all I'm happy with it though.:mug:

For no Skills it looks pretty good!

Well it doesn't compare to the likes of most here but here is mine. It's a GE I think 5cf that I found on Craigslist. I built a collar from birch. It was my first time doing dovetail joints, which came out pretty well for a first attempt. I can fit three ball locks with the co2 cylinder, and yes, a gallon of milk. Currently it has an Irish Red Ale, Dunkelweizen and vanilla cream soda on tap.

image-2920592237.jpg

image-3668294625.jpg

image-1038930981.jpg

image-4168545268.jpg

Got the freezer on craigslist, used oak on the collar. Added a tray to put a drip tray on. Built a tall collar so a keg will fit on the hump. 4 will squeeze in!gotta finish soon, sooo thirsty!

Attachments

• image-665346255.jpg
    image-665346255.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,834
Not near as nice as some others here.....

Bought a Magic Chef 7.2 on Craigslist for $50.00. A buddy made the collar for me. Notched the top so it fit tight in the slot where the gasket went. A little caulk and a couple coats of poly and it's good to go. Just got the Perlicks yesterday. Insulated the collar and mounted them up last night. First pour this morning.

It's what's fer breakfast! :mug:

photo.jpg

Brewery 072.jpg

Brewery 076.jpg

Brewery 083.jpg

First, the sizzle:

Now, the details... Just had our basement finished. The builders put together my dream bar to my specs. That's the tap niche. The drip tray is plumbed to an ejection pump along with the sink since everything is below grade:

Behind the wall in my old keezer, retrofitted with a new collar. I built a box behind the taps out of the pink rigid insulation, then wrapped it in duct tape. Then I ran the lines through 2" PVC and into the freezer. I insulated the PVC then.

Here's my simple setup, not quite as polished as some of the ones in this thread, but I love it. Had an old fridge from my Grandparents house, and it's slowly evolved into monster. We call her "Gold Gloria".

The handle is the camshaft, lifters and rockers that came out of my Mustang when I rebuilt it. My brother "accidentally" dropped it and it broke right in the middle, which actually worked out perfectly. My brother also paints cars and he decided he wanted to paint in gold and metal flake the crap outta it. Thing looks bitching in the sunlight lol. Once I get temperature controls I'm thinking of moving the CO2 to the freezer part, and I'd be able to fit 6 corny's in bottom.

2012-05-23_10-50-49_697.jpg

Here it is post paint, pre keggerator out in the sunlight.
GoldGlory.jpg

Thanks man! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to weld it all together with the cam being cast, but I just cranked the voltage on my mig and it's held so far! My brother is wanting to candy parts of the fridge and put some pinstriping and lettering all over it as well. Should look pretty sweet when it's done.

Actually thinking of welding the right sized nut into the closed end of a box wrench and bending it up to make a tap handle. I'll definitely post some pictures if I decide to go that route.

Decided to go with a new 14 cu ft chest freezer . Started my faucets from the right side so I can add more eventually. It holds four corny kegs and a half barrel keg very comfortably , everything on the front is held on by magnets so I can remove for cleaning and also to fit it through the door when I move . Best investment I have made .

image-429797453.jpg

image-1834186483.jpg

Inside and outside layers are 1x6's of cedar. The inside is 1" expanded polyurethane foam insulation. We put a 1x4 ceder cover on top with an appx. 3/4" reveal. Everything was done using a regular table saw and chop saw. Four layers of stain did the job. 2.5" screws sandwiched everything together while caulk and additional wood screws secured the collar into the chest freezer. Fits 4 ball locks on the bottom like a glove...but I could very reasonably see just keeping 3 and having some wiggle room for storage. Faucets to come soon! Feel free to e-mail w/ questions!

Insulation.jpeg

FrontSmall.jpg

Well it doesn't compare to the likes of most here but here is mine. It's a GE I think 5cf that I found on Craigslist. I built a collar from birch. It was my first time doing dovetail joints, which came out pretty well for a first attempt. I can fit three ball locks with the co2 cylinder, and yes, a gallon of milk. Currently it has an Irish Red Ale, Dunkelweizen and vanilla cream soda on tap.

Love the dovetails. I was going to miter and reinforce with dominos but I am doing dovetails now.

After reading through this thread for a second time, I've got a lot of designs and ideas to mull over. I have a freezer that's just waiting to be turned into a keezer. Keep up the good work and ideas!

Did you live in Wyoming? That is a great license plate.

I say, "Boo!" to Wyoming! My alma mater (and a university in NM) had to change their cowboy emblem due to a suit that was filed!

Back