Lexington kentucky

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doublesimcoe

Reaction score
Any must go to bars, stores, breweries while I'm there. Also looking to get a keg or two of FFF if possible.

From Lexington KY. For bars you should try Pazzos Pizzeria and Beer Trappe. Pazzos has good pizza and a ton of different drafts. If you are going wednesday is the best day because its their pint night. Get there early, like 5 and get a table. Pint night starts at 630 and you get a pitcher of whatever the beer is and two of the brewery glasses. Last week was chimay, looks like next week is Green Flash West Coast IPA

http://www.pazzospizzapub.com/PintNight.html

Beer Trappe is owned by the same people and its a great little place. I believe they have 8 rotating taps and a great selection of beer bottles to take home.

http://thebeertrappe.com/

Make sure you pick up some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale, Kentucky Ale, Kentucky Light before you leave. Only really sold in Kentucky and the bourbon barrel ale is the best I have had.

Hope you have a good time, Lexington is a great place.

Lexington BeerWorks just opened up. Homebrew store and bar. I haven't been yet but it looks great. Outdoor deck/patio and all.

I don't know if it has changed recently, but up til last summer, kegs of FFF were impossible to get for an individual. Pazzos/Beer Trappe got first dibs from the distributor, and there was never many of them. However, I saw Beerworks had a few FFF beers on tap, including Behemoth, just the other day.

I see on the liqour barn website that Fff kegs are available. I sent an email to them but haven't received a response yet

Liquor Barn is terribly ran. I watched it go downhill. If you got one I would be very surprised. They do have some FFF in bottles regularly. That being said, trying can't hurt. I would definitely call instead of email (there are 3 locations in Lexington), ask for the Beer Department. Call asap since it won't be in stock. They will have to call the distributor to see if they even have it. I think orders go in Sunday or Monday, and I think they deliver on Wednesday. For the distributor, FFF basically says, this is what you get for now.

Thanks for the info. Any good places to taste homebrew? Also growler laws? Fill any growler or just their own?

Pazzos is my favorite place in LexVagas. The Beer Trappe is good was well. As mentioned before Wednesday night is Pint Night at pazzos, BUT get there at 4 if you want a table. Plus is just a really neat place.

I dont understand the comment about liquor barn going down hill? I go there at least 1-2 times a week and the selection is great I think. I have never had a problem with them reserving kegs, etc.

Alltech (the people that make bouron barrel ale) have free tours at 3pm every weekday. There brewery is tiny though.

Lexington Beerworks is pretty cool as well. They have a small selection of good beers on tap.

Danville...not to far from Lexington actually has a few brewpubs now. The "Beer Engine" is really good and worth the drive.

I dont understand the comment about liquor barn going down hill? I go there at least 1-2 times a week and the selection is great I think. I have never had a problem with them reserving kegs, etc.

Yea they have a good selection, but for example, they drive their best employees away (treat them like ****). Managers were even looking for new jobs. Canadians (no offense intended, just a detail) bought out all the LB stores in KY and don't know how to run such big stores. If it wasn't already established it would have failed. People know about it, and they have a good selection, so they will keep coming back for the most part. I'm surprised you haven't had problems with kegs, that is unless it's just BMC or Sam Adams since those are always in stock. I could go on and on about LB but I won't here.

I'd rather spend my money at a small local establishment.

Oh, bink, which store do you frequent?

Yo - I work at Lexington Beerworks - we have 12 rotating taps and over 100 bottles cold. All of our FFF is out currently but I'm sure we will get some more kegs in soon. I know we will be putting on a keg of Hopslam sometime soon as well. We also carry a decent selection of home brew supplies (kits to most grains) and we actually have lots of Amarillo and Simcoe in stock right now.

I highly recommend Pazzo's ping night, but as stated before, you gotta get there early.

The beer Trappe is also very nice, tons of beer for retail and they have 8 rotating taps with usually a rare beer or two on draft.

Marika's is pretty decent too, probably home to the best cold storage of imported bottles in Lexington.

Check out Country Boy Brewing in Lexington now. Great beers. I haven't been to West 6th yet.

If you like bourbon, there are no shortage of distilleries in the area. Check out the bourbon trail if you have time. If you can only visit one or two, Four Roses and Wild Turkey were very good tours/tastings.

If you like bourbon, there are no shortage of distilleries in the area. Check out the bourbon trail if you have time. If you can only visit one or two, Four Roses and Wild Turkey were very good tours/tastings.

I have only been to woodford and it was great. It was 5 dollers for an hour tour and a small tasting at the end. Also free bourbon balls. However I know you can dip your own bottle at makers which is pretty cool.

I have about 6 carboys, 2 glass and the rest are plastic, bottle dryer, various other items from a starter kit. I'm moving and don't have the space. Let me know if you're looking for some stuff. Email me at john @ metroshares.com

Back