Not enough fridge space - Help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMace

Reaction score
My brewing buddy and I are brewing the party favors for his wedding in June. We bottle condition all of our beer. I currently have four cases in my work refrigerator, and two cases in my home refrigerator - and we have yet to make an addition six cases needed for the wedding.

My question is, is there a point at which the bottles will be totally crashed? For example, if the beer is in the fridge for three weeks, can I pull it out for a few weeks to make room to crash more bottles? Or will they resume carbing once they're back to room temp resulting in over carbonation?

They will resume carbing if they weren't finished carbing when you put them in.

If they were done carbing, (i.e., the yeast has eaten all the sugar it can), you can pull them out without concern.

No, definitely not 3 weeks. One batch was carbed after 7 days. The other after 10. They'll be chilled for the next month, but then it looks like I'm going to have to find more fridge space.

Thanks for the quick response.

If you put the proper amount of priming sugar in each batch, then you can just let all of them sit at room temp, then refridgerate and/or even put them in coolers for about THREE days before your event.

There is no need to put them in the fridge now if your event is in June. They will actually condition better at room temp, 70F ideally.

Cold conditioning is good for stability. Taking them out later should be fine and the flavor should change less than if you left the warm. Try to keep them as cool as possible.

Back