5 Gal Stainless Steel Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why you spent $160 on that instead of just using a corney (or 7.5 sankey) is beyond me.

Apparently you didn't read the first post, that must be beyond you as well...

I'm going to make the vessel airtight, charge it with CO2, and recirculate the fermented wort over hops, in effect "torpedoing" the beer like SN does. For that, I need an inlet, an outlet, and a larger opening. Corneys do none of that. Plus 7.5 sankes are hard to find legally out here.

Finally, it's my money to spend isn't it? :drunk:

I'm debating one of these vs. the deep wood cavern - what do you like about this stainless fermenter? what do you not like?

OP, do you mind posting the measurements of this thing? I'm wondering if it would fit in my chest freezer, but Ebay ad doesn't say. Finally, I don't think you spent too much on this. Actually seems like a heck of a deal for a conical.

That is an amazing value if it isn't paper thin. I too am concerned will it fit in my freezer? Okay, I am still new to using equipment that isn't home made or repurposed Why would someone want to use it for a fermenter? I don't see the advantage to using a container with a thermometer. The other primaries also have a drain valve.

I finally soldered on tri-clamps. More info on my website.

Here's a photo:
sscarboy-64882.png

The fermentor worked very well, and the Rye Pale Ale is tasting GOOD!!!

I bought another milk can and converted it, I like the result so much.

Back