Any way I can have a wheat beer done by the week of the 26th?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stein

Reaction score
Thinking about doing a quick extract batch on Monday, hoping to have something ready/almost ready shortly after Christmas time. I was thinking about doing a Honey Wheat beer, or something similar.

Would it be possible to ferment this beer for 7-8 days in the fermenter, and then bottle condition it the rest of the way? If it fermented aggressively, it could be at the target gravity by the end of the week.

Is it possible?

You are on the right track as far as useing a wheat beer for a fast turn around time. Alot of hefes are drunk in what would normally be a green stage. But as far as christmas it would be hard. You could probably do new years if you brewed today.

I did a hefe in 10 days for a party, but Kegged it. You could probably get away with 7 day ferment.

hefe's are my favorite, and i don't see how you can do it. i did 1 thursday for the day after christmas, and i keg, and that was pushing it

Bottle carbing you have no control over. The three weeks at 70 that we talk about tends to be the minimum it takes for a beer to carb and condition. Personally I would just go out and buy some beer for the holidays rather than count on something being ready.

you could do a light saison. Use Pils, Wheat, and about a 10% dose of Honey Malt. Ferment with 3711 (it'll take MAYBE 5 days at most if you keep it in a warm room wrapped with a blanket) and bam! That can literally be ready in 2 weeks, carbed. Keep it 6%abv or under.

i plan on doing a fast-carb on the hefe. i take the keg and chill it overnight, then take it and the co2 bottle into the living room to watch tv and hook them up at +2 over normal carb. i stand the co2 bottle up, and lay the keg down, and roll it under my foot for 30-40 minutes or so. 2 days later, it's ready

Back