Fridge Questions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dummkauf

Reaction score
Ok, so my wonderful wife bought me a new fridge for my b-day!!! Which is great because the old one, still works, is moving downstairs. She has claimed the freezer for extra frozen food storage, but the fridge section is all mine! My family also all chipped with cards full of money, and I have $220 + whatever I may spend out of pocket to buy kegs and taps to make my new kegerator!

So, since my new fridge isn't here, and the old one is still being used for food, otherwise I'd just test this with a thermometer....do most fridges get warm enough to use for lagering or would I need to replace the thermostat for that? Its mainly going to be used for dispensing beers, but initially I will only be able to keep 2 kegs full at any one time(fridge could fit 6 if needed, but I can't produce beer that quickly yet), I would have room for a carboy, so I'm thinking it could double as a lagering chamber too, though my beer may be getting served a bit warmer during lagering.

Would this work, or should I just stick to using the fridge to dispense delicious beer?

Latest posts

Back