$10 for one Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mychalg9

Reaction score
My favorite local bar has a limited supply of these for $10 a bottle. I like Founders Breakfast Stout, but have never tried the Kentucky B.S. Will it be worth it to reserve one(or a few)?

Steep price for a single, but the KBS is a must try. If you can't find it anywhere else and are willing to pony up the cash, go for it.

I was just at Founders the day after the KBS release party. At around $114 per case, they sold about $32,000 in just cases in one night. Then there is the stuff they sold out of the tap.

But being at the taproom I was lucky enough to have 2010 and 2009 KBS!

Im not sure of the size, my GF just got an email from the bar today and it didnt specify. I asked her the same question. I figure since it's a bar, they will mark up the price somewhat, but since I've never seen the beer in a store I have nothing to compare the price to. I will take a look at one of the local beer megastores, because if they have it I would rather buy a six-pack(if those are available) or a four-pack.

Thats crazy.

That bottle could be lined with gold and I still wouldnt pay that price.

I don't believe I've paid that much in the past. I remember purchasing a 4-pack of Harvest Ale, and a 4-Pack of KBS at the brewery once and paid.. About $24, so that is like $3 a bottle. And it's special. And delicious. Maybe not $10 a bottle delicious, but maybe $3 a bottle delicious.

Back