Scored even more stuff from work...Antique Draft Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerapinChef

Reaction score
My work has, yet again, proven to be a gold mine. I'm going to need a bigger house. Enough words, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

SDC11048.JPG

SDC11049.JPG

SDC11054.JPG

SDC11057.JPG

SDC11052.JPG

SDC11059.JPG

As you can see, I've got a lot of cleaning to do. I started with some barkeepers friend (you can see on the second faucet from the left) on the tower rings and base, but this is old grown on tarnish and it's going to take some scrubbing. Also scored a ton of draft handles, not sure what the plans are for those. Same with the sanke keg taps, don't really have any use for them. Maybe sell them, but don't know if they are worth anything.

Input, jealousy, ideas, and comments are welcome.

That sucks. What a horrible piece of crap. Looks like one of those ceramic Gnome huts that belong out in the yard for passer by target practice. I mean it even has a porch what a joke.

You should send it to me so's you won't have to suffer anymore embarrasment.

btw, where do you work? I am available part-time and take payment in beer antiquities.

:mug:

Thanks guys, love you too...
and the Motor City tap handles do not have inserts, the cards are cast into the plastic.

attn: drez77: you need to empty your inbox.

very cool tower!
thumbs_up.gif

Let me know how well you're able to clean up the brass parts. I have a similar tower while I've had a hard time cleaning up the tarnish.

That tower is beautiful... As for the tap handles, I always see people in my area on Craigslist looking for antique tap handles... You could probably pull some decent money on them if you decided to sell the older ones. You could also buy a big shadow box and make a really sweet display for your bar area.

I can't ever find stuff like that. Just like craigslist. I hear people all the time, "check out my CL score!!" Anyway, have fun with all that stuff. I'm a little jealous.:D

I have a green ceramic Bitburger tower. It is the same basic overall shape as yours except mine is smooth, without all of the fancy raised decoration. Very nice grab!

What a horrible piece of crap. Looks like one of those ceramic Gnome huts that belong out in the yard for passer by target practice. I mean it even has a porch what a joke.

Just know that even now, as we semi-speak through this magic vessel of the internet.... My legions of Gnome warriors are assembly to lay siege to your house.... be afraid.....

that would be correct, they decided to get rid of draft beer in our third floor lounge, and we have twenty years of crap stored all over the house. I manage to get some of the good stuff...as well as a fairly unlimited amount of bottles to take. I'm still angling for a co2 regulator and this sweet two tap jockey box...and another keg?

I'm a bit late to the party, but no less jealous. You do indeed suck!
Hell, if I would have ever guessed one could score cool stuff like that I mighta persued my interest in cooking further!
By now your home bar must be looking damned fine!

I like Nev-R-Dull for removing tough grime from old brass. Here's a great tutorial for brass maintenance, and there are dozens of online tutorials for restoring old tarnished brass. Google "brass restoration" for links.

Bob

Back