lets see your full Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big one is a tazmanian light lager. The middle is an ipa with warrior, amarillo, and mosaic. The other will become a shandy.
ForumRunner_20130601_213141.jpg

I don't know what happened to all the beer I had, OK I know, but this batch will be different.
This APA is 34.5lbs of two row and only a half pound of C15. Lots of hops.

I don't know what happened to all the beer I had, OK I know, but this batch will be different.
This APA is 34.5lbs of two row and only a half pound of C15. Lots of hops.

35 lbs of grain? 11ish gallon batch? That's one heck of a pale ale.

Boulevard BBQ (HBT recipe that allegedly won a gold) in primary, OG 1075. Once primary ramps down, adding 1.6 lbs. of homemade candi sugar+1 lb. brown sugar. Once that ramps down, have 2 oak spirals which I'll soak in 8 oz of Maker's. Then, secondary on 3lbs dark sour cherries, age 3+ months.

This is my most ambitious beer yet, very excited about it.

bbq.jpg

OMG blueberry stout!!!! Two of my favorite things combined! Mind sharing the recipe? Please!

Finally getting it posted!

Blueberry Stout Recipe

• 4 oz Chocolate Malt
• 12 oz Roasted Barley
• 1.1 oz Wheat Extract
• 7.5lbs Briess Light Malt
• 9 lbs Blueberries
• 1 oz Nugget
• Safale s-04

What I did for the brew was steep the grains for 30 minutes, then removed the pot from the heat and stirred in the extracts and malts, brought that to a boil and added the hops half an hour in and boiled that for another half an hour. I put my prepared blueberries (I can explain the method I use for prepping fruits if you don't know) in my fermenter VERY CAREFULLY! I had a rushed start and splattered blueberry juice everywhere! Once the blueberries were in the fermenter, I added my cooled wort in, aggregated it and pitched the yeast.

Fermenting timeline? I let it sit in the primary for about 4 weeks and the secondary for about 2 months, mainly because I never had time to rack it, but I also knew it'd make it better.

Saison Brett to the left. Nut brown in the middle and an our bruin on the right

ForumRunner_20130606_211253.png

image-2659887587.jpg

Peach wheat ale right after pouring in carboy

image-2607993231.jpg

Same beer two days later after it decided to eject the airlock.

TNGabe said:
You can tell they're blondes because they pulled their shirts up for the camera.:D

Haha nice one!! One of the blondes is going to get her hair did tomorrow! Gonna throw in some mt. Hood strawberries! Then she'll be a strawberry blonde kinda of gal!

image.jpg
10gal of Alpha King Clone with hop adjustments
5gal Chmmomille Sorachi Ace Saison
5gal Zombie Dust Clone
5gal Chimay Red clone

Finally have a few minutes to catch up with the fun things in life.

This:

20130528_204452.jpg

Became this:

20130528_213001.jpg

Which turned into this:

20130528_224729.jpg

Then I added an another little one gallon kit I found somewhere, which became this:

20130528_231220.jpg

That'll be a merlot, and five different variations on Cherry wine from a new trial recipe. The tasting at transfer was just okay. Still a little hot but to be expected at this young age though I'm thinking it might turn out to be nothing but a fair table wine at best.

Yeah, this is a beer thread but these are what's in my fermenters at this time. And, I have 3 big wines, and 6 beers on deck but just no time to get them going.

image.jpg
20gal Tank 7 clone
5gal Smalls Tank 7 with Sorachi Ace
5gal stout to be barrel aged on a Maple Crown and Jack'd barrel
5gal Aprihop clone
5gal Citra Pale

Lemon-Lime Hefeweizen with grapefruit juice instead of limeade on the left and a Belgian Wit on the right.

DSC06394.jpg

alphaking1 said:
Be prepared to wait... We ordered 2 in Dec. and received them in Mar. Well worth the wait though. Cleaning and transferring is a breeze.

Oh boy thanks for the heads up. I'll see if amazon had them.

Got a Lagunitas knockoff going. Hopefully I can keep it cool, just brewed and pitched today!!!

20130616_205029.jpg

What are you fermenting in?

A 10 Liter Media Storage Bottle. Pyrex makes this one. My friend works at a lab and they were replacing these with the latest and greatest in glassware (I have no idea what that is), and this was just going to end up in the trash. So he asked me if I wanted it. All I had to do was drill a hole in the top for a grommet.

Belgian porter, I've since switched to an air lock. Dry hopped last night, will rack onto French oak chips in a few days.

ForumRunner_20130617_085518.png

Just emptied mine last night. Now I'm in the mood to brew up something. What should a make?

Back