cherry apple cider question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basman1220

Reaction score
hi all long time viewer first time poster, i have 6 gallons of apple cherry cider thats been goin for a week. Fermentation has slowed down, lil bubbles coming up the sides. When i rack it into a secondary, i would like to add cherries to it. my question is do i just add thawed cherries in the bottom of the bucket or after i put in the cider. also how many pounds of cherries should i use? :rockin:

I added 9 lb frozen cherries to 5 gallons cider with very good results. I put the cherries in a sanitized paint strainer bag to make removal easier. This is the second year I've made this. There is a very strong cherry flavor so if you only want a hint of cherry, add less. I backsweetend, carbed and stove top pasteurized. This is a very popular cider around my house.

rocknhardcider said:
Can you just throw frozen cherries in bottle? I think that would be cooler

They get kind of washed out and gross after the yeast has had its way with them.

Latest posts

Back