Secondary Dry-Hop Fail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
Just need to vent...

I brewed a extract LHBS recipe of a SNPA clone... which included a dry hop step. Great, perfect excuse to use my new better Bottle for Secondary, and dry hop for the first time. I wanted it to sit for a week... as some may remember... I don't like overly hoppy beers... just a nice balance...

Dry hops were added 6/3.

Yea, so, as I sit here now, It's still dry hopping. I'm assuming I've developed beyond hoppy goodness into grassy flavors. Argh! I didn't want this to sit for 4-5 weeks! Stupid lack of bottles and time.

Luckily, something good came out of it all.

I now own 5 Corny Kegs, a Dual Pressure Regulator, lines, clamps, and a new found affliction to get going on my next brew.

At the least, I can keg this beer thats been sitting way too long just as a kegging and force carb experiment.

There just isn't enough time in the day...

I like the sound of that... I have to get this kegged... QUICK.

If only I had a kegorator, and not just a mini-fridge that just about fits one keg and my CO2 canister for testing purposes.

Back