• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED: 5 Gallon Carboy / Cap / Airlock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukinfuts29

Reaction score
Looking for a 5 gallon carboy, cap, and airlock near Hannibal, MO at a reasonable price. Better Bottle is even better (i made a funny!). I will entertain shipping as long as it isn't too much. I'm on a "budget" which is why I am looking local.

Thanks

Edit: It made me choose a prefix so I put for sale.

You might look on your local Craigslist for a used one. Also, I recently bought a new glass carboy on Amazon, for a very good price (about $10 less than my local homebrew store). It was larger than what you are looking for (6 or 6.5 gallons, I can't remember), but you might look there.

If you are looking for a primary fermenter for beer, and want to do 5 gallon batches, you'll want a larger carboy (to accomodate the krausen). But if you're doing small batches, or making cider, wine or mead, a five gallon carboy would work.

Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look on CL, but around here not too many people use it. A lot of good 'ol boys and not much of my younger generation :)

Haha yea it is. I visited for the first time last year for July fourth ska Tom and huck day

I hope you stopped by the Fireworks Super Store.....that place is NUTS. The guy is a millionaire and literally makes 90% of his yearly income in one week.

Back