It sucks getting older

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewshound

Reaction score
I rarely use a secondary, but I have some steam lager and a Calif Ale that I wanted to be as clear as possible. I had moved them into the secondary, fired up the Fermentation Chiller, set the temp and walked away.

I added ice to the chiller every day or so and noticed that the secondary just didn’t take off as it should.

Thinking it might have just stalled, I left it alone for another week.

I finally got impatient and started to troubleshoot the problem.

I discovered that when I had set the temp on the thermostat, my poor eyesight had caused me to see 50 degrees as 70 degrees.

Oops.

As a result, the whole thing stalled out.

I warmed it back up to 70 (for sure this time) and the lager started back up but the ale is as cloudy as my mind.

I will rack the lager this weekend but the ale has me disgusted.

I hate getting old !

Just had to get this off my chest to the only guys who might appreciate my problem.

Cheers (sort of)

knewshound

Modern technology has come a long way with regards to optical correction/enhancement. There are contraptions called "eyeglasses" that allow you to read and see things that you could not see because of your failing eyesight. That might be a good investment. :D

A wise guy huh?

Stooges3.jpg

Yeah? just wait till your nuts hit the water when you sit on the can..... then your old.

MrSaLTy said:
Yeah? just wait till your nuts hit the water when you sit on the can..... then your old.
Reminds me of the 10 lb baby that was delivered. His nuts weighed 2.5 lbs each. The doctor told the parents the baby may be retarded. They said, "how can you tell?" The doc said, "...because he's already half nuts!':D

Terrible! :D

By the way, my doc told me that these things only come with a 50 year warranty - after that, they start to seriously break down. Based on that, I am trying to figure out how to trade mine in.

Back