SNIZZLE fest Group Brew All Grain Extravaganza!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
OK, let's plan something out. Might as well take advantage of the nice weather!

We can use my garage, so I'll offer to host unless anyone wants to pitch their place up instead. Here are my only requests: bring your own sanitizer and propane and please haul your spent grains home. I have two hoses to use for everything we'll need and my CFC (one hose for CFC in, one for CFC out). If you have a splitter and extra hose, please feel free to bring it along with any equipment, like a chiller or anything else.

While I have a few extra pieces of equipment, I'd recommend you bring everything of your own. I have two-tiered shelving for people who need gravity and an outlet and a pump to move everything through the chiller.

There's an LHBS about 4 miles away in case anyone needs any last minute gear or ingredients.

Over the next two weekends, who's free when? I typically don't have weekend obligations but I need to clear it ahead of time. I'm heading out of town for Thanksgiving, but I'll be back that Saturday and Sunday.

Let's plan something out. If I don't have your e-mail addy, please PM me so we can move some the planning off-line.

I'm having my knee scoped on Wednesday, so I won't be brewing for a while, but I could definitely join you for the day. However, this weekend I'll still be recovering at home.

This weekend is a bit quick, I'm thinking another week or two.

Depending on how many people are going to brew, a space heater probably won't be necessary. I'd think that 3 or 4 burners going would keep my attached garage pretty comfy.

FermentEd said:
I'm having my knee scoped on Wednesday, so I won't be brewing for a while, but I could definitely join you for the day. However, this weekend I'll still be recovering at home.

Been there, done that. Good luck! Don't worry, you'll be up and around in no time!

I'm kinda in the same boat as all my stuff is packed. And Turkey Day weekend is out for me, as I move that weekend. But I'd be happy to just be within proximity of someone brewing; it's been so long since I actually brewed myself! I have plenty of grain, hops and a few different yeast strains to pitch in if somebody else wants a partner.

The weekend of the 16th sounds like it might work best for my buddy who can't get off work after the 23rd or something. But I'm coming no matter what.

I'm an extract brewing noob, but would dig the opportunity to hang out and observe the process and help out anyway I can. Not much to bring equipment wise, but I could always kick in a few brews. Saturday the 17th would be ok by me.

Cheese, I also scored some SN Harvest Ale and a few other "not in IL" brews in Ohio. Happy to throw some your way. I made a post in the Homebrewing photos thread. I'll PM with my email.

So is it the 17th? I am thinking about heading down depending on what is going on that weekend. Not sure if I will be brewing, but maybe just hanging out and meeting this crew.

J

rdwj said:
Can't do the 17th - circus with the kids
Fake your death. Seriously. Imagine how thrilled the girls will be when they find out you're still alive. It'll mean more to them than some circus.

Otherwise, I'm only 15 minutes from Allstate, so you can have your wife drop you off after the circus and then someone can give you a ride home.

I'll try my best to swing it. It really all depends on how much - or little - packing I get done. The following Friday is moving day for me. I'm really going through brewing withdrawals and would love to go. But the move comes first.
I probably won't know for sure until this time next week. I'll PM you then.

Cheesefood said:
Fake your death. Seriously. Imagine how thrilled the girls will be when they find out you're still alive. It'll mean more to them than some circus.

Otherwise, I'm only 15 minutes from Allstate, so you can have your wife drop you off after the circus and then someone can give you a ride home.

Not a bad idea, but I'll be with my mom and step-dad too. Supposed to go to dinner and stuff after.

rdwj said:
Not a bad idea, but I'll be with my mom and step-dad too. Supposed to go to dinner and stuff after.

Circus with the parents. OK, forget faking your death. Come over early and I'll put you out of your misery for real.

rdwj said:
Can't do the 17th - circus with the kids

WTF?! Circus?!!! People still go to those things? Can't you just turn on Animal Planet and sit them in front of the TV?!

rdwj said:

You can have your wife to a drive by Cheese's house, and you can "get sick" run out the car scream your head off, and have your wife floor it yelling "He's doing it again" and then take your parents home, and your clear.

..........Wow.....I think I've been listening to Cheese too much.

I sent out directions. If anyone else is interested, PM me your e-mail addy and I'll forward the directions.

Back