• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brutus 10 - Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a sweet stand and set up.... you need a brew buddy!

I'll offer $200 (I'll need to fly there and rent a uhaul....) (oh yeah and hire a divorce attorney)

Failed attempt? Tell us about your process and methods. Your issue could be from one simple oversight. Let us help you!

I once read a long thread about someone giving up. After about 30 posts in the thread it was disclosed that he was using threaded mild steel for his process plumbing!

Sorry but how does a guy do a build like that and then figure out he can't brew? You need to try and try again. Don't give that thing up.

If you have trouble selling locally and decide to part things out, I'd love to snag that control panel. I'd take the thermostat valves, pilots, etc too. (That said, I'm with the others hoping you'll stick it out.)

If you're struggling, try replacing a keggle with a cooler. I think this makes things quite a bit simpler.

I would gladly come to a brew day with you to lend a hand and help in figuring out how you can improve your results or you can check out my process. Every time I brew I end mad that I did something wrong and the beer usually comes out just fine. Trial and error can be daunting in this hobby but once you get your process down it is just change time, temp, and amounts.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My wife continued to fiddle with the pumps to get them going again and we were able to salvage something. Who knows what will turn out, but it is in the fermenter now.

Through this entire process I was so worried about the electronics and gas components of the brewstand. These components are 100% reliable, but the pumps are killing me.

I simply have no way of replicating my process when my pumps work less that 50% of the time. I just don't see how I can move forward when I flip the switch and nothing happens.

I am probably going to sell the two Chugger Pumps and try out March Pumps, so if anyone would like to make an offer on the Chuggers, please do.

Don't sell that thing! I'm sure it's something simple. Take up the assistance that GTengineer10 is offering and get that thing fixed.

I think that's the right choice as well. It would be a crying shame to throw in the towel after all that excellent work. You've obviously got skill, patience and perserverence so I see no way that you won't eventually make some kick ass beer on that kick ass rig. I'd love to eventually have a setup like that. My next step once I have some funds is a pump, lifting up buckets of scalding water is killing me :).

I would gladly come to a brew day with you to lend a hand and help in figuring out how you can improve your results or you can check out my process. Every time I brew I end mad that I did something wrong and the beer usually comes out just fine. Trial and error can be daunting in this hobby but once you get your process down it is just change time, temp, and amounts.

I'm down with a brew day to troubleshoot as well. I'm up here north on 75. Get a couple different experienced brewers( not too drunk) and I am sure we could figure out the problem. You should stick with a recipe of a beer that you know you like for troubleshooting day.

Your pump headaches could be as easy as finding priming solution here is something I found online maybe it will help. I use my High Flow March Pump to recirculate/vorlauf, transfer wort to my brew kettle, chill with a recirculating immersion chiller and transfer to my fermenter. It works great, helps me chill down very quickly and overall shaves a significant amount of time off my brew day.

When I first started using this pump, I struggled with it. It continually lost prime and less often, completely clogged up with grain material. Disassembling the pump head is not what I consider a real time saver. That's no good!

It was losing prime and getting clogged with grain husks from the mash.

The answer ... A purge/priming port!

This port (the lower ball valve in the picture above) allows me to easily and quickly prime the pump. I open the port and drain directly into a 1 gallon pitcher. This primes the pump and it also clears the initial husk and grain material that comes from the mash. Fast and easy!

Adding this port has saved me a lot of time and frustration and it's made the pump a joy to use and a real time saver.

Now this kicks off easily every time and with More Beer's high flow pump, I have pressure to spare.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My wife continued to fiddle with the pumps to get them going again and we were able to salvage something. Who knows what will turn out, but it is in the fermenter now.

Through this entire process I was so worried about the electronics and gas components of the brewstand. These components are 100% reliable, but the pumps are killing me.

I simply have no way of replicating my process when my pumps work less that 50% of the time. I just don't see how I can move forward when I flip the switch and nothing happens.

I am probably going to sell the two Chugger Pumps and try out March Pumps, so if anyone would like to make an offer on the Chuggers, please do.

It sounds like you have some local HBT brewers willing to help you get it worked out. It would appear that it is a priming issue, but should it be a pump issue before you buy two new March pumps I would suggest you contact Mike @ Chugger. I recently was traveling in the area on business and stopped by to pick up two new pumps. All I can say is wow, what a great group to do business with! Mike will make it right with you if it is a mechanical issue with the pumps.

I'm in south Cobb county (mableton) and expect to brew Sunday or Monday. If you want to be here to see what my process is, you are welcome to join in. You might see something that could help.

I am pretty sure the problem is that there are not enough brewers sharing home brew in the room while the brewing is going on. The equipment feels unappreciated. ;). I'd love to join you but it's a bit of a drive for me. Good luck though, I am confident that this weekend is going to be the beginning of a change in fortune for your brewing efforts. When you make it big just remember you owe us all a sixer of your best stuff!

Back