What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Raven's Wisdom Seeker IPA, Green Flash West Coast IPA, Gorgetown Brewery Lucile IPA, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA, Two Beers Evolutionary IPA.

I'm in hop-heaven and am going to be completely incoherent very soon. I'm trying to design a new recipe based on the beers I love. My girl and I did a blind taste of these beers.

1. Wisdom Seeker
2. Torpedo
3. Green Flash
4. Two Beers
5. Lucile

All of them were awesome. Wisdom Seeker was by far the best. I was surprised I liked Torpedo so much as well as the fact I placed Lucile last. Green Flash is really kick ass! Awesome hops balance with out going over the top.

Wisdom Seeker is truly amazing! Glad I'm only 15-20 minutes away from them!
I made the paint for their (they being black raven) brewery! And they're pretty durned good. If you go to the brewery make sure you order from flying saucer pizza next door.
That is very cool!

:mug:

Im completly blown away with 2 beers i did with wlp005 british ale.First time using this and im pretty much crapping my pants over a good choice i made,unless all liquid yeast is this good,im pretty impressed so far,ive tried harvesting this and split it between 2 small batches which the other i think may have been underpitched, both dryhopped but the alot lower finish gravity batch that worried me a bit had a bit of scaley stuff on top which i was skeptical of. Although i use slurrry from that batch i no longer will, but i have managed to crop some from the other batch which was good, this stuff does not seperate well it seems and floccuates fast,it was hard to determine the trub from the yeast,hopefully i manage to wash this correctly.Its not so black and white as the sticky suggests for yeast washing.

I'm on Amtrak going to NYC from the atl and I have been sitting at the border of SC for 2 hours I'm half way through a sixer

ForumRunner_20120115_001353.jpg

Left Handed Brewings Fade to Black Pepper Porter. Not bad, but def a 1 per sitting beer. Surprisingly noticable pepper notes through all the roasty malt flavors.

Chaotic IIPA last night( full growler ) one of those nights! Tonight one of my HB Brit pale ales. It's been bottled for 8 days and needs more time but it's def coming along quite nice. Good malt profile

Drank a glass of Russian River IPA, Sierra Nevada Celebration and an Oaked Arrogant Bastard at Stone Bistro. Luckily my wife is awesome and I got a Growler fill of the Oaked. They didn't have any of the rarer beers for Growler fills tonight.

Visiting my brother back east. He got me into homebrewing last year. Drinking his house IPA!

I thought my processes and product had surpassed his based on our discussions; not the case. His game is tight. Low efficiency, sure. Awesome beer absolutely.

His IPA has stood up to Bell's two hearted ale, SN torpedo, Dogfish 60 minute, Terrapin hopsecutioner, and the SN Ruthless Rye.

It clearly beat out SN Celebration, and my go to beer...Bridgeport IPA.

Props BRO! Now to deal with those efficiency problems.

PS: he makes a dry hop porter that will make any hop head who only drinks IPA seriously reconsider. He is a homebrewtalk surfer now...edging him to post some of his originals here for our benefit.

That is very cool!

mill creek is more than 20 minutes from there, liar ;)

i work in a paint store, and i always like it when my painters do jobs at places i visit, so i can see how the colors look in the "big picture"

back on topic - just finished a graff a la brandon o, moving on to a M.O./fuggle SMaSH

PBR& arrogant bastard ale. Every once in a while I have to go to the liquor store and the ones near me aren't very stocked when it comes to beer. It's $7.99 for a pint of ABA! And that's the only and closest thing they have to a bomber selection. If it ain't BMC they don't carry it. But as far as cheep commercial beer goes you can't beat PBR.

My CDA. I got recipe from Larry's Homebrew. Its an extract with specialty grain recipe that is insanely easy for how well it turned out.

...in a brewery surrounded by thousands of barrels of beer, I am drinking grape Powerade. Not allowed to drink on the job. ;)

mill creek is more than 20 minutes from there, liar ;)

i work in a paint store, and i always like it when my painters do jobs at places i visit, so i can see how the colors look in the "big picture"

back on topic - just finished a graff a la brandon o, moving on to a M.O./fuggle SMaSH

Depends on traffic... ;)

Drinking an all Summit hopped pale ale. Citrusy, pine notes in the aroma with a distinct tangerine hop flavor. Absolutely delicious!

^^^^I've got one of those conditioning and aging as we speak....very pronounced citrus with the late additions - drinking a stout at the moment.

MaltnHops said:
Drinking an all Summit hopped pale ale. Citrusy, pine notes in the aroma with a distinct tangerine hop flavor. Absolutely delicious!

Good idea I want to do that now lol

Just finished my customary 1 week-in-the-bottle "sample" of my wit. Thought I'd used too much grains of paradise, but the peppery character on the back end has mellowed nicely. Might end up becoming a house brew for me.

My HB bourban barrel stout, still young at 1 week in the bottle but they are mighty tasty already, can't wait till I remember them in a few months.

Falconers flight IPA. Just tasting, it's only been in the bottle 1 week and it's awesome!

Some jackass just drove right at me in a parking lot making me drive over a curb of large rocks and effing up my stock side skirts... I think a beer is in order! Possibly a summer shandy from bridgeport... or a 120 I've been aging...

Rivenin said:
Some jackass just drove right at me in a parking lot making me drive over a curb of large rocks and effing up my stock side skirts... I think a beer is in order! Possibly a summer shandy from bridgeport... or a 120 I've been aging...

You didn't spill your beer did you?

Back