In Kentucky for the week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melana

Up to no good....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks to work I will be in Kentucky next week, does anyone have any suggestions for places to go to have a pint or two????

Anyone interested in meeting up???

Where in Kentucky are you, that will certainly help. Some counties out there are still "dry" and some like Hardin are "moist".

If you're anywhere close to Louisville, you should not miss the New Albanian brewery's pub, Richo's. It's about a 25 minute drive from Louisville.

Just get on I-65 north, drive across the river into Indiana, take the I-265W exit, then the Grant Line Rd. exit, left on Grant Line Rd., turn left at the Pizza Hut, Richo's/New Albanian/Sportstime Pizza is between the Kroger's plaza to your left and the Pizza Hut you will have just passed. Sportstime pizza is on the other side of the kitchen from the pub, but go sit down on the pub side, preferably at the bar in the back. You'll not regret it. :)

The blackboard will have everything that's on tap listed. I'm not sure of the exact number, but there's between 30 and 50 beers on tap, including 8 or 9 of their own. Hoptimus is great, as is Elector. If they have Browning's She-Devil on tap, that's well worth a try, too.

Try the pretzel & beer cheese for an appetizer. The pizza's awesome...I like the "Refrigerator" with chicken, pineapple, and onion with BBQ sauce subbed for pizza sauce. They have 'em in single serving size too.

Now I'm hungry.

...Anyway, if you can't get that far out of town, Browning's is good; they're at Slugger Field. And the BBC taproom is worth a visit. 636 E. Main St.

+1 Browning's,

I'm neutral on BBC.

Don't know about Richo's.

Cumberland Brews is liked by friends, but I haven't been there.

What are you going to be in town for?

i know that i will be in Louisville and will be traveling across the state visiting Universities.
Thanks for all of your suggestions, when i get my definate plans i will repost!

BBC is more than decent. The tap room, downtown is their actual brewery (seperately owned by the original brewmaster now) No food, but excellent beers.

If one of your stops is Northern Kentucky University, BrewWench and I could likely meet you for a stein at HofBrauHaus in Newport. Several other good beer bars in the area as well. In Louisville, I'd definitely recommend Bluegrass Brewing Company. I haven't been, but they've got some great beer.

Latest posts

Back