Vigorous fermentaion first day, none 2nd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatchubbychubs

Reaction score
My IPA was bubbling vigourisly the first 24 hours (sediment and liquid bulbbling out of airlock). The second day/3rd it is quiet. Our floors are warm, but I had raised the bucket up to prevent it from being too warm. Is that the problem or something else? Thanks!

http://www.howtobrew.com/section1/chapter8.html

Your yeast prb just blew through one of the phases of fermentation...they are likely still doing their thing.

If you want to focus on temps, what temp are you keeping the fermenter at? Just keep in mind that for most ales, up in the 70s is going to get fruity esters and if you go into the 50s, you could possibly stall the fermentation.

I agree with brewt00l regarding temps. Let it go for a bit, maybe shake it gently to rouse the yeast after cleaning out the airlock.

Sounds good to me. Every beer is different of course, but what you described is certainly within the very probable. It sounds like your not drinking enough :) Relax.

Latest posts

Back