Budweiser Project 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intimnasc

Reaction score
One of the things I like to do is when I do buy commercially packaged beer I like trying new things and then see if I can come up with a Home Brew recipe close or just tweak things. I was in the locally owned liquor store today when I saw this Budweiser Project 12 12 pack. I bought it and honestly both the lagers are pretty incredible. I didn't like the Pilsner as much but wouldn't have and trouble having a few with the buds.

Anyways just wondering if any of you guys have tried them and what your thoughts are. I am also interested in any of you can tell me what the staves are they are referring to and if you've used them what do you think of using them in Home Brew.

I've been wanting to try the Project 12. I am curious to see if they can actually make a beer worth drinking.

There was a thread recently that covered this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/budweiser-project-12-a-371029/

Revvy did a nice review of the beers in the variety pack. I think that's in the link also.

Further, AB is releasing a beer (1st commercial during superbowl) from this experimental pack. I don't remember the name. Hopefully it's one of the ones you liked.

I also liked the lagers better than the pilsner. But honestly, all three were pretty good. I think the bourbon vanilla lager was my favorite although those flavors were very subtle. The amber lager was a close second. And the pilsner was great for a pilsner, I jam just not very fond of pilsners. I wouldn't pass up my favorite craft beers to go pick up the project 12 sampler again. I don't think it holds up to some of the fantastic craft beers already available. But with that said, I think it is a great way for BMC drinkers to branch out into craft beers. Overall I give Project 12 a big thumbs up.

There was a thread recently that covered this: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/budweiser-project-12-a-371029/

Revvy did a nice review of the beers in the variety pack. I think that's in the link also.

Further, AB is releasing a beer (1st commercial during superbowl) from this experimental pack. I don't remember the name. Hopefully it's one of the ones you liked.

Sorry I should have searched for ther topic first, I just got excited about the Lagers. I loved the two Lagers man they were pretty good. I still preferr the fun of drinking my own over any store bought even if it doesn't turn out great. Something about doing it your self.

So now to the recipes to see if I can come close to those two Lagers.

All of the beers in the Project 12 are lagers. Lager beers use lager yeast and typically have been stored cold for some period (weeks).

Pilsners are lagers. A pilsner is a very light-colored beer using pilsner malt.

Hate to nitpick, but this is a beer site and it's important we of all people keep things in mind.

Budweiser Black is the new release

The Black if colors are following suit was my second pick anyways.

All of the beers in the Project 12 are lagers. Lager beers use lager yeast and typically have been stored cold for some period (weeks).

Pilsners are lagers. A pilsner is a very light-colored beer using pilsner malt.

Hate to nitpick, but this is a beer site and it's important we of all people keep things in mind.

I guess my newness to Home brewing shows huh?

The project 12 started off with all 12 brewerys coming up with their own spin on a lager and they all used Budweiser yeast. The 12 became 6 through tastings. The 6 went out to different events including music and beer events. The people voted on their favorites and the 6 became 3. The beers put out in the "Project 12" were called the "zip code" beers. St. louis was one of the three at 63118. The one that won came from LA I believe. It was the amber lager. That beer will now be introduced right before Superbowl. It is called Budweiser Black Crown. I have taken some to friends and they all have loved it. I thought it was pretty good myself!

The LA one is going to be "Budweiser Black Crown"

The VA one was nice, but not enough vanilla flavor they claim it to have
The St Louis one tastes to much like a craft Bud Clone (in that its Bud with better ingredients)
The LA on is ok, but not the greatest of the 3

I disagree on the better. I preferred the LA beer though I really thought the vanilla was a tight second.

Back