Burner question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CrankyBeaverBrewery said:
Will a banjo burner 10" be good enough for a 30 gallon pot ?

Yes, it should be fine. It's a heckuva burner. Are you using it now? It works better/best when the burner is close to the bottom of the pot - at least it does for me.

Not using it yet.. But I'm getting a stout 30 gallon mash tun and brew kettle so I was wondering I'f the burner will have enough fire power

CrankyBeaverBrewery said:
Not using it yet.. But I'm getting a stout 30 gallon mash tun and brew kettle so I was wondering I'f the burner will have enough fire power

I believe it is the most powerful burner (available to home brewers) on the market. I am sure folks that brew big(ger) batches will chime in with their thoughts but I will be shocked if someone states that the banjo burner is not powerful enough. Again, I am assuming that the burner is moved closer to the pot, like I have done. Although slightly off topic, as constructed, the distance between burner and pot is a bit too large for my tastes.

Back