Clamps on MFL fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akthor

Reaction score
So I have a few MFL (screw on hose type) I think they are called gas disconnects. But I don't have MFL hoses. Can I just push a hose on them and use a hose clamp? Would this work and be airtight?

usually fittings are barbed on one side (for hose) and mfl (flared) on the other, so your question is a bit confusing

Using threads as a hose barb is a royal pain to get a good seal. Push the hose on until it bottoms out, then put the clamp as low as possible. There might be enough area on the smooth part below the threads to seal against the hose.

I don't have time to buy anything that needs to be shipped.

Well, you really didn't explain that you had a time constraint in your original post...

If you have keg that needs to be dispensed... the temporary connection by clamping a hose on the threads will get it done.

Personally, I wouldn't leave gas connected that way long term or you may end up with an empty tank.

Why do you not have time? Are you planning on force carbing the beer (is it already in the keg?)?
As klyph says it might work but if it does I wouldn't plan on it being a full time solution.
If the beer is in the keg now I would be using the temp setup just to purge and get some pressure in the keg then diconnect and wait until you get some MFL barbs.
Good luck :mug:

Latest posts

Back