Matisyahu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you've ever listened to his music, but I swear the more I listen to it/more I drink and listen to it, the better it gets.

Although his newer albums (light and youth) are good, I prefer Live at Stubbs recorded out west in Austin, his original album. Download it and listen to it. If you like Sublime/Bob Marley, you'll appreciate his new take on the style.

Drink and use your ears for the lords sake,
Jacob

OMG... I have all but forgotten about him but that sounds PERFECT right now...
Thank you, good sir, for reminding me of this great artist.

I have his first album, Shake off the Dust...Arise. An amazing album. I haven't really liked his newer stuff. The man puts on a hell of a show.

Personally, I think Live at Stubbs was his best. I really enjoyed his sound before I knew he was a hasidic jew; think I liked it even more once I found out he was a white dude with a beard!

It hit the Radio in Austin hard when it came out then with youth he just tapered out.

I love live at Stubbs.

Somehow I missed him when he was touring with 311 a few years back. I really wish I would have got to see him live. I really like his stuff!

I only liked "Shake off the Dust... Arise" and "Live at Stubb's." After that, I feel he started using vocoder/autotune too much, just couldn't get into it anymore. Still listen to those first 2, though.

I just saw him a couple of months ago here in Houston. He was really good, but I'm not so much into his new music either.

I'm not a fan of his newer stuff either.

Back