Want a Quick Laugh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKW

Reaction score
In case you hadn't realized we are slowly turning the tide.

I stumbled upon that little gem today and had a couple of laugh out loud moments, namely: "Who knew that Americans needed temperature-sensitive packaging to tell them when a beer is cold enough to drink? (It's always a bad sign when a company seems to think that its customers are morons.)"

*edit
Yeah the link won't work... I think it's because HBT routes through FYURL, copy paste and it should get you there, sorry to waist everyone's time...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704875604575280522341919974.html

*edit 2

Thanks to passedpawn, we figured out that a tiny url is clickable so click away, sorry again.

http://tinyurl.com/27w25mz

I think we all know what the OP is getting at. Coor's has the "windows" in their cases to see the mountains turn color on the cans when the beer is cold. I guess if you're going to drink Coors, you need all the help you can get since you're obviously not too smart about beer in the first place.

This worked for me...
1. copy OP link
2. click OP link (get routed to subscription page)
3. paste OP link into address bar

I've seen/heard similar news articles and each had a similar conclusion (one on NPR comes to mind). In summary, American light lagers are on a slide and one major area of improvement is quality. However, instead of improving, the BMC's will spend their dollars on marketing.

I personally say great! Let them keep trying to push their 100 varieties of the same. It leaves more room for the micro's and nano's to truly create a craft product.

The worse thing that could come of this is for the BMCs to flood the craft market with cheap inferior "craft" products - thus turning off potential new drinkers. Think of Pliny +Schlitz = Plitz.

I can hear it now, "Ah bro, you like that micro stuff? I had it once: a bottle of Plitz. Man did it suck. That's why I only drink MegaLite! Plus it has an led that lights up when I need to buy more. Strange... that led is always on."

the comments are great too, especially the guy calling anyone who reads WSJ stuck up and snobby.

Im hoping for a revolution of american beer, and giving my money to micro or craft breweries instead of BMC is what im going to do to help that happen. That and make my own, of course.

Back