Never kegged before

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhCrap

Reaction score
Firstly I am not being a smart ass. I have never kegged, or ever intended to keg, my home brew. I like opening a bottle and pouring, I know you have to watch the yeast etc. BUT since I opened my pub in August ther have been things staring me in the face that I never really noticed.
UNTIL NOW, Obvisiously i have plenty of empty sanke kegs which i can return and pick up another when its refill time, never thought about doing so. I also knew there were 2 lines free not used for anything, they both have the keg connection and gas connections, I never paid any heed to them either. I also inherited a mobile cooler system from the brewery for special events etc, I never bothered with it as I got more for such events and returned them to the breweries. The breweries forgot to collect a 3/4full co2 tank from the last event, they collect an old empty one, again I never thought much about it.
Putting it all together I have
Sanke kegs available to me 50L, 30L & 20L
2 Sanke connectors for tapping kegs
Mobile cooler
Co2 tank 3/4 full
I'm missing tubing & connectors to the cooler and a regulator for the tank but that's it I think
I'm pretty sure ill try kegging shortly. I'll post pics of the swag shortly and any advice on what bits I need would be great

Again I'm not being an ass but this stuff has been staring me in the face and I never copped on that I could use them for home brew

No real question just happy after realising what I already have. But if I am missing anything it would be fret if some one could let me know :)

Pics of inventory

1st pic is the unused sanke connectors (1 Guinness & one plain )
2nd is the cooler and keg options
3rd is just cooler and some connections

Cooler just needs to be cleaned and is working perfect

image-4013006545.jpg

image-1948231961.jpg

image-826843771.jpg

Back