I am currently fermenting Ovaltine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer-Baron

Reaction score
I took a full jar of ovaltine (The main ingredient is Malted Barley).

I added it to about 2 gallons of water and boiled it for an hour with 0.4oz of US Goldings at 60mins.

I have about 1.5 gallons now of 1.030 wort with pretty good krauzen fermenting with a leftover pack of Coopers yeast from a kit that I fermented with a slurry from another batch.

Its very dark, chocolate milk kinda looking.

-Fo

www.youtube.com/weirdbeer

Last edited by a moderator:
With any luck the video will be up tonight. I haven't uploaded in a while, and some people are e-mailing me and getting wrestless. This should keep them happy. lol.

I hope you read the label first. The main ingredients in todays Ovaltine are alkalized cocoa and sugar. Blech!

Oh I read the label. Its in the video.

Don't worry, this isn't a serious brew. The main ingredient is the malted barley. Yeah, its going to be bad.

I think there are way to many people who take brewing way to seriously.

I'm having fun. That's what counts. :ban:

Video is up.

[ame=http://youtu.be/qYhFk50am9c]Fo's Ovaltine Beer Experiment - How to brew Ovaltine Beer - YouTube[/ame]

dude thats just wrong. you made me cry. why the heck would you have ovaltine in your house, its the second root of all evil.(first is swmbo).

This experiment is done in protest to all those "all to serious" brewers. Lets just have some fun!

I saw that the main ingredient is Barley and Malt extract. How bad could this really be?

We'll find out! Stay tuned.

This experiment is done in protest to all those "all to serious" brewers.

now ^THAT'S^ funny! :mug: it'll sure show all those 'too serious' brewers how wrong they are for their ways. in fact, i can't think of anything better than a cool mug of fermented ovaltine to show me that i need to take beer brewing less seriously. :ban::ban:

now ^THAT'S^ funny! :mug: it'll sure show all those 'too serious' brewers how wrong they are for their ways. in fact, i can't think of anything better than a cool mug of fermented ovaltine to show me that i need to take beer brewing less seriously. :ban::ban:

^^^

This is what I'm talking about.

I don't think this is going to be a good beer. But I think this is fun. I'm tired of all the nay sayers telling everyone else how to enjoy their homebrewing.

You're welcome to try it though. Come on by. I'll pour you a pint!

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!

Awesome experiment, can't wait for the tasting video. :rockin:

Pretty sweet. And the video effects were awesomely ridiculous.

Better step it up for the tasting video.

Pretty sweet. And the video effects were awesomely ridiculous.

Better step it up for the tasting video.

Thanks man! You actually get it. I catch a lot of flack from people for the sound effects. I'm just goofing around.

I will try and step up the next video for you. This one was edited like crap. :tank:

"More Ovaltine, please!"

It comes full circle, since some of the brewers stayed afloat during Prohibition by producing malt products like Ovaltine.

Wow - let us know how it turns out. I love Ovaltine. Not sure how it tastes fermented. But I would be interested in your results.

You sick, sick Canadian bastard! •reaches for popcorn and finds a comfy chair to watch the fun•

Sub'd.

Latest posts

Back