SYRACUSE NY - ROUND 3 Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CidahMastah

Reaction score
ORDER CLOSED

OK here is the deal:

1. Need 42 sacks to order.
2. People would have to come and pick up their bags at the drop off location (near Syracuse, NY).
3. Payment will be done through paypal, and will be required up front, once the order is secured.

We buy directly through NCM - this means that we will get true wholesale bulk pricing!
~$25 2Row + shipping (~$6)
~$38 Marris Otter + shipping (~$6)

To see the catalog, go to:http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/download.asp?f=f6
The password is "greatmalt".

Use 2000#+ pricing

UPDATE:

Just to keep people up to speed:

Pricing
For pricing, this is an estimate. Plan for about $4-$6 per bag for shipping cost and (no tax) on your portion of the order. The prices should be pretty darn close but may vary slightly.

I will keep track and let you know roughly what you are in for $$wise.

Payment

Payments will be collected once we have secured 42 bags (or we decide to process an order with less). I would like to do all payments through paypal, if you have an issue with this please PM me.

To pay, please follow these instructions carefully to avoid paypal fees.
• Click the "Send Money" tab at the top.
• Put in the buyer's email address (check your PM inbox to get that address - I will send it out as soon as we have reached 42 bags or an order is confirmed).
• Put in the amount to send.

Here's the important part...• Under the amount box, click the "Personal" tab.
• Select "Gift".
• If you are paying from an existing paypal balance, or from your bank account, no fees will be charged. BUT... Paypal charges transaction fees for anything that is paid for with a CREDIT CARD. If you are paying with a credit card, you will have the option of selecting who has to cough up the money for those fees. Do not push those fees onto the buyer. Suck those fees up yourself.
• In the area at the bottom where it allows you to type in the custom text for the email that buyer will receive, be sure to include your name, as it appears on the spreadsheet (your homebrewtalk user name), so that buyer can track who has paid and who hasn't.
• Then send the money and chill out.
When the buyer has all of the money, he'll place the order.

After that, cidahmastah takes over and handles out the delivery end of things, which will be at his home address unless otherwise noted (if you know a place of business that we could have the shipment delivered to that has a loading dock PM CidahMastah). CidahMastah will keep us all updated on when it is to arrive, when you should show up to get it, and all that jazz. You, as the buyer, are responsible for picking up your grain or for making arrangements for someone else to pick up and hold your grain for you.

FOR SPLIT SACKS: Work out the details with your partners. Bring something to put your share in, weigh it out on site, and take your portion. Or, one of you picks up the whole sack and deal with the splitting on your own time. Whatever. That's your decision to make with your splitting partners.

For reference: a 5 gallon bucket, depending on the type of grain, will just about hold half of a 55 lb sack.

Thanks!
---------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 3 - ORDER OPEN - 4/27/2011

New Order has opened up (ROUND 3). I will award people their place in the order by the time frame that they contacted me. If we get to two pallets, we get a discount on shipping.

CURRENT STATUS:

1. (COMPLETED) Collect 42 sacks of grain for an order​
2. (COMPLETED)Our request for quote (RFQ) has been requested​
3. (COMPLETED)We hear back from the buyer on actual cost (COMPLETED) I pass out the actual cost to everyone[/COLOR]​
4. (COMPLETED)Everybody pays up (the order will NOT ship until everyone has paid via paypal)​
5. (COMPLETED)Once payed up (following the paypal instructions on page one of this thread) - the order will ship.​
6. (PENDING) CidahMastah will let everyone know when the shipment is to arrive (COMPLETED) and where it is shipping to (COMPLETED) , when to pick it up(PENDING) .​
7. (PENDING)We all slap high five and say job well done.​

Status
Total Bags = 42

Brewdiver x3 CM-2ROW
Brewdiver x1 CM-PALE
gerglegat x1 CM-2ROW
gerglegat x1 CM-PILS
TwoGunz x2 BZ-PILS
TwoGunz x1 BZ-MUNH
TwoGunz x1 BD-MOPA
BigBrew54 x1 GW-O2RP organic pilsner
BigBrew54 x1 GW-C15
BigBrew54 x1 GW-C40
Brehuh x1 CM-PALE
Brehuh x1 CM-2ROW
Brehuh x1 BD-MOPA
stunsm x1 BD-PILS
stunsm x1 CM-2ROW
cidahmastah x1 BZ-PILS
cidahmastah x1 BZ-WHT
BrewsCampbell x1 BZ-PILS
WPStrassburg x2 CM-PILS
JayMckeever x2 CM-PALE
JayMckeever x2 CM-PILS
wheadman66 3 x CM-2ROW
wheadman66 1 x CM-PALE
jehnderson27 x1 MO

completed splits:
1. c60 - 1/3 (BrewDiver, twogunz,Brehuh)
2. c120 (GW-C120) - 1/4 (jhenderson, twogunz, brewdiver, BrewsCampbell)
3. BZ-PILS - 1/2 (jhenderson, rustbucket)
4. BZ-CRPL- 1/3 (cidahmastah, twogunz, rustbucket)
5. BD-VIEN - BrewsCampbell (1/2) CidahMastah (1/4) WPStrassburg (1/4)
6. Thomas-Fawcetts Pale Chocolate (TF-PCHO) - (brewscampbell, cidahmastah, brewdiver, TwoGunz)
7. GP-FLWHT - Flaked wheat - 1/3 (cidahmastah, jhenderson, WPStrassburg)
8. BZ-CRPL - 1/3 (stunsm, gergelgat, jhenderson)
9. GW-C20 - (Jhenderson 1/4, brewdiver 1/2, gergelgat 1/4
10. BZ-WHT - (Brehuh. WPStrassburg, Brewdiver)

Interested in 1/4 splits of c20 and c120. Also looking for 1/3 split white wheat.

On side not taking general interest in corny kegs. As we spoke awhile back i have some coming from the looks. 8-9 available. Ball lock get in touch with me if interested we can talk price.

(2) Sacks 2-row for me please. Any specialty sack splits?
Thanks

THere are a few listed under status (I will be reposting the status as people add to the orders (see posting #2)).

If you have splits you are interested in, let me know and i will put your name up with your interests and when someone matches it, I will keep track and add the bag to the buy.

Sign me up...

TwoGunz x2 BZ-PILS
TwoGunz x1 BZ-MUNH
TwoGunz x1 BD-MOPA

and I’ll jump in on the specialty splits for carapils and c120

As of right now, 4 kegs left, however waiting for a response back this mite change.

All kegs are ball lock, excellent to new condition, clean.

Hey gergleat your PM is full. If you are.worried about location. I could have your kegs in syracuse for you when you pick up your grain. All in one trip. I hope to.have.more kegs this.summer but my supplier is unsure.so if you want 2 i got 2 left. If not then i am ok with that.

If gergalat isnt interested i have. Only 2 left and dont see them sticking around long. PM for more info.

I have received a couple requests from people to pay in another form than paypal. I understand that some people don't want to go this route (paypal), however since I am not the buyer, just a coordinator, it makes my and the actual buyer's lives a lot easier if you just go with the flow and use paypal. Furthermore, paypal speeds up the buying process.

Paypal is free, please sign up, or find a friend who has an account. Please remember that when the order goes through the money juggling gets complicated if we have to cash checks or money orders.

Thanks for your understanding.

I'd like to add a lb. of chinook pellets (if hops are included in this buy). Also, an additional sack of some versatile crystal malt but not sure what kind.
What would someone recommend? I like all styles o beer.

I'd like to add a lb. of chinook pellets (if hops are included in this buy). Also, an additional sack of some versatile crystal malt but not sure what kind.
What would someone recommend? I like all styles o beer.

The hops we can't do in these buys - they throw off shipping costs, and are difficult to calculate - sorry!

For malts, I think you would be good going with C20, C40, C60, C80, C120. I personally use 40, 60, 80 120 a lot. I would check a couple recipes out that you want to do and see which malts they have. Just when I think I use one more than the other, I end up changing my mind.

If you like stouts and porters, you might want to consider chocolate malt.

Last time we did a bag split of 60, 80, 120 and I already had C40. I have used each of these malts at least once, many twice or more since our last grain buy (i.e. you can't go wrong). Consider doing splists of 2-4 varieties.

Thanks cidah! I'll go w/ that partial of c120 & c20.....also if someone wants to do a partial of c60, I'm good for a 3rd.

Thanks cidah! I'll go w/ that partial of c120 & c20.....also if someone wants to do a partial of c60, I'm good for a 3rd.

I will note your interest in a partial and update the status. Are you interested in 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 of the C60? The bags are 50# for the Crystal malts.

So:
1/4 = 12.5 need three to split
1/3 = 16.5lbs need two to split
1/2 - 25lbs need one to split

i might be in for a few things, but im still trying to figure out this money situation im in.

right now i have everything i need. i wont need much until the end of the summer. but im looking to see.

cidah if you tried to message me back from that last message my inbox was full (stupid 5 message limit)

i might be in for a few things, but im still trying to figure out this money situation im in.

right now i have everything i need. i wont need much until the end of the summer. but im looking to see.

cidah if you tried to message me back from that last message my inbox was full (stupid 5 message limit)

Sounds good - can always get a few specialties - you down for rice hulls again?!

I myself am considering a bag or two, but first I need to burn through some stuff this weekend and take inventory. I am considering taking on some lagering, which I have yet to do. I have some pilsen, but only one bag....

depending on, right now i dont have the capabilities of lagering, no no no no no more rice hulls, i have enough to last me for 1000000000 years. speaking of that this weekend i get to use a 1/2 lb of them maybe ill up it to a 1 lb

but what im looking at right now is:
1/4 carapils
1/4 c120
1/2 pilsner

these are all still up in the air.

depending on, right now i dont have the capabilities of lagering, no no no no no more rice hulls, i have enough to last me for 1000000000 years. speaking of that this weekend i get to use a 1/2 lb of them maybe ill up it to a 1 lb

but what im looking at right now is:
1/4 carapils
1/4 c120
1/2 pilsner

these are all still up in the air.

You want those added to the want list? or still considering?

still considering... but ill let you know soon, i have to look at my money situation. but if other people have interest in those, i may

still considering... but ill let you know soon, i have to look at my money situation. but if other people have interest in those, i may

You would close as the fourth on jhendersons C120 1/4 split and the 3rd on my carapils 1/3 split (see status on first page; post number 2).

I might split that pils with you as well. But I might also just go for a full bag - have to see how much I need for my lagering recipes coming up...

CidahMastah said:
I will note your interest in a partial and update the status. Are you interested in 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 of the C60? The bags are 50# for the Crystal malts.

So:
1/4 = 12.5 need three to split
1/3 = 16.5lbs need two to split
1/2 - 25lbs need one to split

For the c60 I'll do 1/3....

Can someone help me out? What is the real difference between the three companies? I am looking to get some 2-row, a bag of pale, and DME.

I would go CM-2row and CM-pale. Just because I have used them and have good results and the price is right. Also, the bags from canadian and UK co's are 55lbs versus 50. So 5 more lbs.

DME you are limited two 2-3 types, from only briess I think. Did you find the DME? Or are you saying you can't find it?

GW was out of two row and pale for the season - so you can't order that - forgot to mention this.

Ive used gw.and breiss 2 row in the past. Its 1L lighter in color than CM. I love the cm we got last time. I have had.nothing but excellent results with it. I am 4 brews into it.

Ive used gw.and breiss 2 row in the past. Its 1L lighter in color than CM. I love the cm we got last time. I have had.nothing but excellent results with it. I am 4 brews into it.

yeah I should have said "excellent" results. The brews I have been making have been fantastic.

Ha! indeed. When I reread what I said, it was pretty luke warm. Truth is - that CM-2ROW rocks. I remember ordering it the first time though - was nervous about it. People described it like it was superman.

*superman announcer voice* "can use it in all styles", "cheap, inexpensive", "tastes great on powdered toast!"

er wait..., maybe not that last one.

I'll go in on the c60 partial. Might as well just keep cranking up my tab while I'm in buying mode. I got all fired up putting together my order I went and ordered a barley crusher and some pales :)

yea, the cm 2row is fantastic. I've been very happy with the first couple brews I've done using it. I was also a bit skeptical because it was the the cheapest 2-row option, I believe, but now it'll be the one I order next time I need more.

I'm really trying to resist buying anything else, but i don't know how long I can hold out lol

yea, the cm 2row is fantastic. I've been very happy with the first couple brews I've done using it. I was also a bit skeptical because it was the the cheapest 2-row option, I believe, but now it'll be the one I order next time I need more.

I'm really trying to resist buying anything else, but i don't know how long I can hold out lol

don't resist!! ha

Back