Do your friends Pimp out your Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherpa FE

The < 1% Club
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering if this happens to other people.

My Boss, loves my beer, so I regularly make beer for people in my Unit, and for Unit parties.
Well when we do go out to other places, and my boss itroduces me to people., I always hear the same thing.

" OH, you are the guy that makes his own beer, I / We have been invited over to your house to try it, but just havent had the time, sorry about that, we can we come over?"

I mean seriously, it is a nice compliment, but do you have to invite everyone?

I guess I am going to have a cover charge to get into my shop where the keggerator is.

Never, just about all of my friends are homebrewers, so they push their own brews.

Never, just about all of my friends are homebrewers, so they push their own brews.

+1. I'm not home a lot with work and I actually have a hard time getting rid of beer sometimes because most of my friends brew their own. It's a problem I never expected to have. But it saves me time as I don't have to brew as often which isn't necessarily a good thing either.

SWMBO's old friend is a huge fan of some of my beers. The IPA that I did a while back was his favorite. He would drop by with random people to try some and I went through the batch much too quick. Although, through him I did get some tap house owners to try a few ales that were pretty well received. :rockin:

Most of my friends like it...but this one guy is an ass on purpose...but he does give some good advice, and gives me yager!

I tend to just give it away when I have parties in my apartment. I just like to see what people think of it. I love the idea of making something that makes people go woah! and gets them drunk.

Probably not a good thing, but I think the reasoning in my head is that making beer that people will talk about and love to drink covers the cost of all the brews I have to make to keep up with them drinking it :-D

Also, in my apartment my roomate and I have a jar for beer money. Most of my friends put money in it when they feel they need to pay me and when they have cash on them. I never ask, the jar just fills itself. The only time I say something is the first time someone asks if I want some money for drinks. I point to the jar and say pay me when you feel like and however much you feel, I trust you will throw in what you feel is right.

Of course for big parties we have to hide that cash (I don't trust EVERYONE), but when it's just the regulars drinking here it works out nicely.

Back