Star san mixed to strong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootygun

Reaction score
It seems I can't read directions and I mixed 1 oz. to 1 gallon instead of 1 oz to 5 gallons. Sanitized brewed and started fermenting. Is this going to ruin the beer or will it still be drinkable?

I doubt if you did any harm since you dumped out the solution and only a little bit would have been left clinging to the sides. If you rinsed, you even got rid of that.

No need to mix up 5 gallons at a time. In the future, just mix it in a spray bottle and spray everything. A quart of spray will last through many batches and is much more economical.

It seems I can't read directions and I mixed 1 oz. to 1 gallon instead of 1 oz to 5 gallons. Sanitized brewed and started fermenting. Is this going to ruin the beer or will it still be drinkable?

The beer will be fine. It's just an expensive way to sanitize...

Cheers!

I did this exact thing once. Read the instructions too fast and used 1 oz per gallon. Made the best beer yet with super-starsan bubbles in the fermenter. :mug:

Back