BrewShuffle.com - Home brew swap website

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gauzzastrip

Reaction score
I've been working on this site for a few months now and it's at a point where it would be great to get some feedback. A friend of mine reminded me to post it here to get your comments/suggestions/feedback.
brewshuffle.com - Share your home brew
Originally this idea came to me because I felt I could use some real construction criticism / feedback about my beers and not just friends telling me it tastes good to them. Since then a few people have told me it would be great for home brew clubs and they were going to try to get their clubs to start using it.

It allows a brewer to list any home brew they want to share. There is a local home brew map that allows people to find other brewers locally and exchange beer.
Today I just pushed up code for an event system that allows brewers to create a brew event and have other users mark if they are attending or not.

There may not be any brewers in your area, so if you want to see an area with some content you can go here
BrewShuffle.com - Brew Map - 17601.

Again any feed back is very much appreciated.

I'd only question the legality of it all. It's a great idea otherwise.

I am pretty sure it is legal to share your home brew with people local to you. I think it might get into legal issues when you start trying to sell or ship your home brew. As for shipping I'm not advocating it, but it is legal in some states and some people manage to ship through UPS. It is on the home brewer if they decide to ship their home brew.
I have thought about letting a brewer add their paypal donation ID which would make a little donate link show up on their brewer page. I think that would be legal as well because people would just be donating money to the home brewer not asking for money to sell their beer.

I've been a lurker for awhile and found this old topic while looking for people to try my homebrew and get some feedback, whoa, it's pretty well put together!
Could use a few more users though, good luck, I'll be watching where this goes.

Where did it go...? I have a few concerns with this concept, which might explain it unpopularity and where it has gone. In addition to the logistics of swapping home brew with strangers, I personally would not want go to much effort to swap my beer and get some crap in return. I have to drink enough of my own crap/experimental beer why would I want to drink anyone elses. I think joining a homebrew club is a better idea and comes with social benefits too.

Where did it go...? I have a few concerns with this concept, which might explain it unpopularity and where it has gone. In addition to the logistics of swapping home brew with strangers, I personally would not want go to much effort to swap my beer and get some crap in return. I have to drink enough of my own crap/experimental beer why would I want to drink anyone elses. I think joining a homebrew club is a better idea and comes with social benefits too.

Hey ayupbrewing, it's still here. It didn't go anywhere. Thanks for your input. It never really did take off. My idea behind it was not for you to poop in a bottle and make other people drink it.

Do you have friends that taste your homebrew but don't brew themselves? I do. In fact I have a bunch. They are users on brewshuffle.com and every time I put a new beer up they get an email so they can grab some up.

I print out labels from the site that has a QR code so my friends can just scan the QR code and are brought right to the detail page about my beer. They can then review my beer AND if it's someone that I know is unreliable about giving me back a growler or swingtop bottle it lets me know who still hasn't returned my swing tops and maybe next time when i brew something really good I wont give any to them.

So anyway, I use it. It never became popular but that's alright because I built it to help me do what I specified above. The only reason why I wish it had taken off is so my non-brewing craft brew enjoying friends would have more homebrew to try from other home brewers around and give feedback on.

Edit:
Also I did have a few homebrew stores mention they were interested in being drop off / pick up locations for shuffles but since we never got enough people that didn't really take off. But that would hvae solved the effort to swap beer.

Also, also, the homebrew club in my area only meets the last wed of each month and after 6 years of homebrewing I have yet to be able to attend one of their meetings.

Also, also, also, the site is not for everyone so I'm totally cool if you think it's a stupid idea :)

Latest posts

Back