Craigslist score: new fridge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireBrewer

Assistant Brewer
Reaction score
Grabbed an 8 year-old, 20 cu ft refrigerator off Craigslist for $75! Works great. My old chest freezer is dying so it needed replacing.

IMG_0849.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

Difficult getting it out the seller's house. Was in the basement, no way out other than the stairs and we had to take the doors off the fridge AND the stairway to get it out. Worth it though. I owe my friend lots of homebrew. :tank:

Now I just need to head out to the local hardware store for some plywood and a few grommets and I can move the kegs in!

nice, I've been watching our craigslist here in Buffalo for something like this.

I have a fridge very similar to that, you should be able to get 6 cornies in there without modification of the door (the back row will be higher than the front of course) The one in the middle for me is slightly problematic in that it tries to lean forward and that causes the door to not close well, I need to make a bungie strap to strap it to the back of the fridge.

Edit: also I drilled a hole in the side to get the Co2 in and the soda lines out, no cooling lines in the side of the fridge portion on mine (All the cooling power comes by airflow from the freezer section)

Nice score! When we tapping it? ;)

As soon as I get back from Lowe's and do a little modification. :mug:

Edit: also I drilled a hole in the side to get the Co2 in and the soda lines out, no cooling lines in the side of the fridge portion on mine (All the cooling power comes by airflow from the freezer section)

I felt the side of it yesterday and it felt cold as it was running so I'm assuming there's lines in wall at least (if not just a air channel). I have taps on the wall just on the other side that were fed by my old chest freezer, but I'm torn between running lines out to the taps or hanging the faucets on the front of the fridge...:confused:

SWMBO's happy that I can use the freezer compartment for hops AND non-beer related stuff too. ;)

Back