Corpus Christi and surrounding areas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We're already starting to pack for our winter retreat to Texas. We're not leaving for a month, but I'm already planning on which kegs to bring and think about a brewday if we can manage it.

I know one guy is in Ingleside (very close to me) and one or two others are in Corpus. One guy is in Port Lavaca.

Is there any way we could get together sometime in February or March for a brewday? We're north of Rockport, off of 35.

I am about 2.5 hours south of you, but will make an effort to join in the fun if possible. Not sure if your schedule has changed due to circumstances, but please let me know when and I will try to be there. :mug:

I am about 2.5 hours south of you, but will make an effort to join in the fun if possible. Not sure if your schedule has changed due to circumstances, but please let me know when and I will try to be there. :mug:

We'll be in Rockport by next Sunday (the 27th). I have no plans at all at this point, so if you have some ideas I'm all ears!

My main interest is somewhat selfish, to meet a legendary HBT celebrity and get a reading on my homebrew from a certified beer judge.

I brew on a three tier gravity set up. I can bring keggles and such, but likely not the stand. Grist mill is also out of the question, too big and heavy.

I will be bottling a Pliny clone this weekend, so would prefer a date in late February or March, so I could bring some up, but am open to something earlier.

Seems unlikely you will have any brewing equipment?

A Saturday or Sunday would work best for me, but could consider a Friday as well depending on the date.

Did you want to brew anything in particular?

My main interest is somewhat selfish, to meet a legendary HBT celebrity and get a reading on my homebrew from a certified beer judge.

Who's coming? I'd love to meet a legendary celebrity, too! :ban:

I AM a BJCP judge, though, and at the "certified" level and I'd be happy to help you pick apart your beer.

I have no homebrewing gear coming along. I gave two MLTs (a 10 gallon and a 5 gallon) to my neighbors, but I think they left them at their summer place in Wisconsin, and won't have them in TX. :mad: I'll check with them, just to see if they have the brewing gear and let you know. They are up the street from me. I met them last year, because they had a corney keg on their back porch! (story here, if you want to remember how it started: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f45/neighbors-308113/)

I'll PM you my phone number and email- my phone works "ok" most of the time but I don't always get a good signal. I can check voicemail, though, and email, at the house.

Latest posts

Back